Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Things you miss about South Africa

Things you miss about South Africa

Old May 30th 2007, 1:08 pm

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Things you miss about South Africa

Originally Posted by ededed
Never tried kudu. I have a rule never to eat anything bigger than me. (that's my mother-in-law out then).
Rofl, mine too.

I must say I love Kudu and Ostrich biltong.
Old May 30th 2007, 1:09 pm

Ahh, but you have Amstel and Stella - we don't. Swap?
I'll swap anyday. Not a big beer drinker unless it's in shandy, and then the beer used doesn't make much difference to me.
Old May 30th 2007, 1:17 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kitten24
Rofl, mine too.

I must say I love Kudu and Ostrich biltong.
Nope - won't do ostrich either. (cue sexist gag about long-legged birds)....
Old May 30th 2007, 1:18 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

I'll swap anyday. Not a big beer drinker unless it's in shandy, and then the beer used doesn't make much difference to me.
Deal. I'll be bringing a dead kudu on SAA (and playing spot the difference with the stewardesses). In return, please have 12 crates of stella at Heathrow. I need to make my ex-wife look pretty, and that should just about do it.
Old May 30th 2007, 1:32 pm

Deal. I'll be bringing a dead kudu on SAA (and playing spot the difference with the stewardesses). In return, please have 12 crates of stella at Heathrow. I need to make my ex-wife look pretty, and that should just about do it.

PMSL @ your ex-wife!!! Good luck bringing the Kudu through Oliver Tambo and Heathrow. Security was pretty tight last time we flew. They even had sniffer dogs checking for 'prohibited items'. We weren't allowed any containers over 100ml's and we both had our deodorant confiscated. Boy did we smell pretty the next day.

If you make it this far, then you deserve more than 12 crates, although I'll be outside the airport, or they may just take all but 2 crates off me.
Old May 30th 2007, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Kudu is the best Great steaks too - don't taste too gamey.
Old May 30th 2007, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Kudu is the best Great steaks too - don't taste too gamey.
I had a stew once made from kudu too and it was delicious.

Btw, have you ever had crocodile? Very interesting taste, I've had it twice.
Old May 30th 2007, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Yes! Tastes like chicken...ha!ha!

I wonder if Leipoldts is still open in Sandton? That's where I had it.
Old May 30th 2007, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Yes! Tastes like chicken...ha!ha!

I wonder if Leipoldts is still open in Sandton? That's where I had it.
Tastes more like a combo of chicken and fish to me. I had it at the Crocodile farm in Ramsgate.
Old May 30th 2007, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Heartfm is just really niceHeartfm is just really niceHeartfm is just really niceHeartfm is just really niceHeartfm is just really niceHeartfm is just really niceHeartfm is just really niceHeartfm is just really niceHeartfm is just really niceHeartfm is just really niceHeartfm is just really nice

Tastes more like a combo of chicken and fish to me. I had it at the Crocodile farm in Ramsgate.
The Croc Farm at Scottborough sometimes has escape's and thats when they get to bite back...
Old May 30th 2007, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Talking Re: Things you miss about South Africa

What game?

It was our 3rd team anyway! Wait until the world cup! We're still world champions!!! (not sure how much longer I can cling to that particular raft!)
Come on - you know you got your butt kicked and the boks were rusty and hardly got out of 2nd gear. don't become like the Kiwis and their"food poisoning" excuse, just take your hiding like a man (god knows I've had to for the boks many a time).

Check out what happened in the super14(final both SA teams) I think its going to be our turn again, bring on the world cup

Bruce
Old May 30th 2007, 7:19 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bruce67
Come on - you know you got your butt kicked and the boks were rusty and hardly got out of 2nd gear. don't become like the Kiwis and their"food poisoning" excuse, just take your hiding like a man (god knows I've had to for the boks many a time).
Nothing that a good cry into a bevvy or two can't cure!
Old May 31st 2007, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by bruce67

Check out what happened in the super14(final both SA teams) I think its going to be our turn again, bring on the world cup

Bruce
Sorry, if you continue to bully me in this way I'll have to report you to a moderator!! I agree - we were whipped and it's not looking good for France. Saturday could be worse with Robbo out and half the team crying off sick. Wimps. I kinda hope you win the world cup - the vitriol aimed at any South African team / individual when they don't win is pretty spiteful. Els is continually called a loser here - the guy's won majors and has been in the top 5 for 10 years! The cricket team were vilified and they got beaten by the best team ever in the semis. The football team......oh - fair enough...
Old May 31st 2007, 4:13 am

Did you say "bring me crocodile, and make it snappy?"
Old May 31st 2007, 7:52 am

Did you say "bring me crocodile, and make it snappy?"
ROFL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.