Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Sudan or Ghana - any advice please.

Sudan or Ghana - any advice please.

Old Apr 28th 2011, 8:26 am
Just Joined

beaver34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sudan or Ghana - any advice please.

Dear All,
I have lived and worked in a few countries in Africa, namely Zambia and Kenya for 4 years. After 2 years in the UK i have had enough and want to return.
I have visited Khartoum, Sudan, where I spent a bit of time acting as a consultant. I was impressed with the country and it seemed ok. The company have now offered me a full time job.
However before the offer I had made a few enquirys, job applications and have now been offered a job in Ghana. An area of Africa that I have never been to and to be honest their neighbouring country men have always put me off.
I was just wondering if any one had any advice or experience on these countries please?
I am 35 single male so it would be nice if there were some other expats out there to meet - I know there are in the Sudan. And the prospects of my job are better in the Sudan.
However, any advice please so I could make up my mind.
Many thanks,
Simon
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

ella69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sudan or Ghana - any advice please.

I would definitely recommend Ghana. With the discovery oil of its coast, it is attracting alot of investment and expats from all over. much more stable country