Sudan

Old May 7th 2009, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sudan

while we wait for Pablo seeing as you have him 'in a corner' , soooo whats the colour of your nose?

Originally Posted by JR230898
...crap...
Old May 7th 2009, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

hello- ?- still waiting for some more of that crap you love pushing uphill..

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
while we wait for Pablo seeing as you have him 'in a corner' , soooo whats the colour of your nose?
Old May 7th 2009, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

helllooooo....nose not pink?...missus not there?....time to go to bed?...what's the deal?

hello- ?- still waiting for some more of that crap you love pushing uphill..
Old May 8th 2009, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

narrow minded hypocrites, eh...go look for someone else to blame for the children that are being eaten by their own.

helllooooo....nose not pink?...missus not there?....time to go to bed?...what's the deal?
Old May 8th 2009, 4:07 am
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

I decided to follow some of JR's previous threads and I observe an individual that has anger issues. I understand anger - very well.
Old May 8th 2009, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pablo
I object to your constant attempt to label me a racist. You're being childish.
Pablo, I asked you to answer the following question:

Now, I'll ask you in a direct question... 'Mugabe's treatment of his people can be considered a crime against humanity, what do you think of how the British have continued to treat the Chagos people since the 60's?'
How is it, that you construe this as an attempt to label you as a racist?

Is it that you are unable to be critical of the British....a...'as you term it', a 'pink nosed civilized nation'?
Old May 8th 2009, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Pablo would attempt describe me in his narrow subjective way as being 'pink nosed' and from a 'civilized nation'.

Pablo would describe my father as having an 'off-brown' nose because he is part aboriginal. He'd describe my mother as being 'pink nosed'. He'd describe my wife as being 'black nosed' because she is MaShangaan and MaChope. He'd describe two of my kids as being 'pink nosed' and from a 'civilized nation' whereas, the other three kids would be 'brown nosed' from an 'un-civilized nation'. They are all family to me.

I wonder how he would label our autistic son? It'd probably depend on whether he has a 'brown' or 'pink' nose
Old May 8th 2009, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry, we are operating in different time zones. I am back on some leave in Australia and, and when I am, Friday & Saturday nights are for me and the Missus go out dancing.

Last edited by JR230898; May 8th 2009 at 3:20 pm.
Old May 8th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

narrow minded hypocrites, eh...go look for someone else to blame for the children that are being eaten by their own.
The impoverished are not 'eating' their children. It is those that feel they have entitlement that are continuing slavery to this day.
Old May 8th 2009, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
I decided to follow some of JR's previous threads and I observe an individual that has anger issues. I understand anger - very well.
Tegwyn,

I don't think I am angry.

How, and from where, have you derived your understanding of anger?

Working between Bosnia, Cambodia, Mozambique, Timor Leste, Afghanistan, and now, West Africa, has enabled me to view the world from a couple of different perspectives.

Work and travel has bought me in contact with many global realities. Most of which are never encountered, or contemplated, in many of the 'pink nosed civilized nations'.

Angry? No. I just enjoy challenging ignorance.

Now...where did Pablo go?

He still has a question to answer.
Old May 8th 2009, 3:46 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

I observe personal comments on your other threads and you certainly reveal some hostility. You forget that this forum is truly one dimensional and as such, any comment can be interpreted to mean far more than was intended by the poster. That is my interpretation of your musings and I may well be wrong. I am open minded enough to entertain that thought.

You seem to be on the attack with folk on this site which makes me wonder how big the chip or boulder is that sits on your shoulder. There is injustice in this world and one thing I have learned through my many years on this planet is that all the huffing and puffing with idealism we have in our youth, ultimately nothing changes. We repeat history. You can vent your spleen and shout out hostility and accusations all you like but it still boils down to your interpretation of what you perceive is being said. That becomes your issue (baggage).

In any event, this thread has been hijacked and needs to revert back to topic or have it closed. If you really are having anger issues, please get yourself a bunching bag and vent.
Old May 8th 2009, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

I observe personal comments on your other threads and you certainly reveal some hostility. You forget that this forum is truly one dimensional and as such, any comment can be interpreted to mean far more than was intended by the poster. That is my interpretation of your musings and I may well be wrong. I am open minded enough to entertain that thought.
Let us then, be open minded and consider what is was that Pablo was trying to so when he made the following comments:

How much attention was paid to Madelaine in Sudan? Very little, I suspect.
I was not being hostile to anyone. I raised some question about how little the world knew about slavery and Pablo took exception to the comparison of media attention drawn to Madeleine McCann and that of the slavery of children in the UAE.

It is a fact, more attention has been paid to one child than all the thousands stolen by the Emirates.....not that my comparison diminishes in anyway the case of Madeleine McCann. I truly hope that the perpetrators against her can be brought to trial.

Pablo chose to diminish himself by making such a facetious comment.

The usual response when civilized nations start intefering in Africa is to keep our "pink noses out" (as Mugabe says)
as to why Pablo felt the need to mention he had a 'pink nose' and that he comes from a 'civilized nation'...only he knows...

Oh please!
This exclamation was exuded by Pablo when I questioned as to why the US did not pursue Sheik Mahktoum over the issue of child slavery....I cynically proposed it might have had something to do with 'oil'. Why he would take exception to that, only he would know.

You seem to be on the attack with folk on this site which makes me wonder how big the chip or boulder is that sits on your shoulder. There is injustice in this world and one thing I have learned through my many years on this planet is that all the huffing and puffing with idealism we have in our youth, ultimately nothing changes. We repeat history. You can vent your spleen and shout out hostility and accusations all you like but it still boils down to your interpretation of what you perceive is being said. That becomes your issue (baggage)
Tegwyn, relate how you perceive what was said by Pablo above? It was he that made an attack on me..and therefore...

There is injustice in this world and one thing I have learned through my many years on this planet is that all the huffing and puffing with idealism we have in our youth, ultimately nothing changes. We repeat history.
Does this mean that you have given up? I'll never stop trying to do the right thing, and part of that, is challenging ignorance wherever it is found....where did Pablo get to?

In any event, this thread has been hijacked and needs to revert back to topic or have it closed. If you really are having anger issues, please get yourself a bunching bag and vent.
Never 'bunched' a bag in my life...
Old May 8th 2009, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mate you seem like a nice enough guy but unfortunately have a fixation with Pablo, who I consider to be on the money with 99% of his observations.

Regarding your comments below, I still don't know what you're trying to get at? This is something that the people of Mozambque have the ability to confront and stamp out. Muti killings of babies are horrific but part of the african culture- why is that someone else is to blame?

In my wife's country, Mozambique, they have a saying of ' Tata Mamae, Tata Papae' for when children disappear off the streets, and guess what? Madonna is not adopting them all.

Some will end up as 'Muti'..killed for body parts...and others end up in other places.
and

The impoverished are not 'eating' their children. It is those that feel they have entitlement that are continuing slavery to this day.
Old May 8th 2009, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

You are trying desperately to portay pablo as a racist- that is the lowest form of smear you can get- seriously I think you're making a fool of yourself and that all these insecurities live inside your mind.

Do you not believe there are cultures more civilised than others?

Pablo would attempt describe me in his narrow subjective way as being 'pink nosed' and from a 'civilized nation'.

Pablo would describe my father as having an 'off-brown' nose because he is part aboriginal. He'd describe my mother as being 'pink nosed'. He'd describe my wife as being 'black nosed' because she is MaShangaan and MaChope. He'd describe two of my kids as being 'pink nosed' and from a 'civilized nation' whereas, the other three kids would be 'brown nosed' from an 'un-civilized nation'. They are all family to me.

I wonder how he would label our autistic son? It'd probably depend on whether he has a 'brown' or 'pink' nose
Old May 8th 2009, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interesting..

Have you been to zimbabwe?

what are these global realities you refer to?

do you think only "pink noses" as you put it, are civilised?

Tegwyn,

I don't think I am angry.

How, and from where, have you derived your understanding of anger?

Working between Bosnia, Cambodia, Mozambique, Timor Leste, Afghanistan, and now, West Africa, has enabled me to view the world from a couple of different perspectives.

Work and travel has bought me in contact with many global realities. Most of which are never encountered, or contemplated, in many of the 'pink nosed civilized nations'.

Angry? No. I just enjoy challenging ignorance.

Now...where did Pablo go?

He still has a question to answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.