Sudan

Old May 7th 2009, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sudan

Originally Posted by JR230898
..and defend the indefensible.
Oh for heaven's sake! Why on earth do you suppose I want to defend slavery? Really, I think you're arguing with yourself.
Old May 7th 2009, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Crikey!! and there I was..nearly off to bed.

Pablo, the argument stemmed from this comment by you:

HTML Code:
The usual response when civilized nations start intefering in Africa is to keep our "pink noses out" (as Mugabe says).
and by 'civilized nations' I could only construe that you were referring to the British, especially when you then said:

HTML Code:
Actually I think the British, anyway, tried to stamp it out when they had any say in the matter.
Tell me, are you saying that a 'civilized nation' would be committing this crime against humanity?

http://www.newstatesman.com/asia/200...ritius-britain

Now read it, and come back and state that this is the action of a 'civilized nation'....
Old May 7th 2009, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

I could only construe that...
Sounds like you've "construed" a whole straw man, against which you indulge in what seems like a drunken rant. Goodbye.
Old May 7th 2009, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Poor Pablo...O, how he longs so much for the Colonial days...when he did not have to uphold an argument...it was so much simpler to sjambok them....what a Spanker!
Old May 7th 2009, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Poor Pablo...O, how he longs so much for the Colonial days...when he did not have to uphold an argument...it was so much simpler to sjambok them....what a Spanker!
Well it's your argument, not mine, and I certainly don't intend to uphold it for you.
Old May 7th 2009, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Pablo Spanker,

you don't quite 'get' sarcasm...do you?
Old May 7th 2009, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Yep...as I thought...challenged by most things, including breathing.
Old May 7th 2009, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep...as I thought...challenged by most things, including breathing.
No. Just bored by your vulgarity.
Old May 7th 2009, 8:43 am
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Okay JR enough of this pissing match. You will find your time on this site extremely short if you insist on personal insults.
Old May 7th 2009, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK Tegwyn. I agree, I did become too personal to a person who seems to be a little challenged by the world. I apologise.

I was making a comparison to the amount of media attention paid to the abduction of Madeleine McCann and, to the thousands of children subjected child slavery in the Gulf States, in particular, the UAE, when Pablo weighed in with such asinine comments as:

How much attention was paid to Madelaine in Sudan? Very little, I suspect.
Good one Pablo, such a neat comparison. Then:

'The usual response when civilized nations start intefering in Africa is to keep our "pink noses out" (as Mugabe says).'
To me, it seems as though Pablo is making the following assertions that:
1. Africa is 'uncivilized';
2. Pablo comes from a 'civilized nation'; and
3.'Civilized' nations have 'pink noses'.
I suppose it is only Pablo that can say what 'he really means' about the baseless link he has made between being civilized and having a 'pink nose'. He likes to throw these sort of comments out but then, has troubling defending them.

Pablo also asserted that, in his mind, in regard to slavery:

Actually I think the British, anyway, tried to stamp it out when they had any say in the matter.
Then, when confronted by the way in which the 'pink nosed' British, between the 60s & 70s, simply uprooted a whole race of people and forcibly transported them:

http://www.newstatesman.com/asia/200...ritius-britain

...and we are talking about a matter that happened and continues within our lifetimes...his response is:

I have no interest in trying to justify it. Why should I?
Pablo, on a number of other other threads has been very critical about Robert Mugabe, and I wholeheartedly agree with him. But, when he is confronted by how the British have treated the Chagos people he simply has
'no interest in trying to justify it'.
It can only be assumed that he thinks it is OK for the 'pink nosed' British to keep doing what they have done to the Chagos people. A crime is a crime.

Hypocritical? Ignorant?

Last edited by JR230898; May 7th 2009 at 2:14 pm.
Old May 7th 2009, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

I suppose it is only Pablo that can say what 'he really means' about the baseless link he has made between being civilized and having a 'pink nose'.
The words were Mugabe's, as I said at the time. And which you seem to acknowledge. So I suggest you direct your racism campaign against him.

It is Mugabe, and then you, who keep banging on about the "pink nosed" British.
Old May 7th 2009, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pablo
The words were Mugabe's, as I said at the time. And which you seem to acknowledge. So I suggest you direct your racism campaign against him.

It is Mugabe, and then you, who keep banging on about the "pink nosed" British.
Pablo, Mugabe made his racist reference to 'pink noses' but, it was you who made the link between 'civilized nations' and 'our pink noses'. Is it your contention that it is only 'us civilized nations' that have 'pink noses'?

Now, I'll ask you in a direct question... 'Mugabe's treatment of his people can be considered a crime against humanity, what do you think of how the British have continued to treat the Chagos people since the 60's?'

It is a civil question asked in a balanced un-emotive manner.
Old May 7th 2009, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

How old are you?

It's a well worn path you're on- grasping at anything to try and brand someone a racist (have often wondered why it is that though that only 'whites' seem capable of racism).

The 'british' do have a lot to answer for- apart from the reference in your post, you have the concentration camps and treatment of the Boers in the Boer War....recent news includes the treatment of the ghurkas- healthy to also see that the very same 'british people' are up in arms about that.

Madelaine was big news I suppose because she was british, and the british press took it on for obvious reasons. Even Oprah (eh...not british or white) has also had a chance to make some money out of her.

I noticed the same attention shown by the british press to the pregnant (eh...black) women facing the death penalty in Nigeria.

Your problem in Mozambique- should that not in the first instance be something that Mozambique should sort out and make known to the wider world? That practice is also carried out in SA and Zim. I was not aware of Diego, but there has been much written about almost every injustice from China to 'Burma' to South America to the US etc etc I mean just look at Dubai if you want to see modern slavery in action.

My guess is that some of africa's right to the 'perfect hollywood script' dwindles by comparison into the background, when compared to injustice throughout the rest of the world.

In your very same sentence in which you apologise (not personally to Pablo as any real man would do), you insult him again!

So in turn I will open and close this post with my own rather lame attempt at an insult...enjoy!

What is the real reason for your fury- did the missus say no?

Pablo, Mugabe made his racist reference to 'pink noses' but, it was you who made the link between 'civilized nations' and 'our pink noses'. Is it your contention that it is only 'us civilized nations' that have 'pink noses'?

Now, I'll ask you in a direct question... 'Mugabe's treatment of his people can be considered a crime against humanity, what do you think of how the British have continued to treat the Chagos people since the 60's?'

It is a civil question asked in a balanced un-emotive manner.
Old May 7th 2009, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
How old are you? Age is irrelevant. It is more important to have an open mind.

It's a well worn path you're on- grasping at anything to try and brand someone a racist (have often wondered why it is that though that only 'whites' seem capable of racism). Racism is wherever you find it...colour against colour...culture against culture...I do agree that Mugabe pulls out the race card...as does Pablo. The past three yrs in Afghanistan have shown me much cultural intolerance...I detest it wherever it is.

The 'british' do have a lot to answer for- apart from the reference in your post, you have the concentration camps and treatment of the Boers in the Boer War....recent news includes the treatment of the ghurkas- healthy to also see that the very same 'british people' are up in arms about that. Yes, I agree.

Madelaine was big news I suppose because she was british, and the british press took it on for obvious reasons. Even Oprah (eh...not british or white) has also had a chance to make some money out of her.

I noticed the same attention shown by the british press to the pregnant (eh...black) women facing the death penalty in Nigeria. Yes, I recognise that...and applaud the power & influence of a free press.

Your problem in Mozambique- should that not in the first instance be something that Mozambique should sort out and make known to the wider world? That practice is also carried out in SA and Zim. I was not aware of Diego, but there has been much written about almost every injustice from China to 'Burma' to South America to the US etc etc I mean just look at Dubai if you want to see modern slavery in action. I agree, seen that first hand

My guess is that some of africa's right to the 'perfect hollywood script' dwindles by comparison into the background, when compared to injustice throughout the rest of the world.

In your very same sentence in which you apologise (not personally to Pablo as any real man would do), you insult him again! Really!!! .

So in turn I will open and close this post with my own rather lame attempt at an insult...enjoy!

What is the real reason for your fury- did the missus say no?

Narrow minded hypocrites
Where did you go to Pablo? The question remains open...
Old May 7th 2009, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

I object to your constant attempt to label me a racist. You're being childish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.