success stories

Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: success stories

Originally Posted by Pablo
I think that's a bit unfair, Mitzy. I mean, look at the aggressive tone of the initial post in this thread.

"I am fed up of the South Africans I have met over the years who constantly seem to have to justify their leaving by bad mouthing SA, or are they just bitter that the grass was not greener on the other side?
I am also not looking to justify my returning, just want to hear some success stories"

This is just the sort of line that is used all the time by the likes of Homecoming Revolution, where every critic is some sort of failed and embittered expat desperately trying to justify what is presumed to be a miserable life by "bad mouthing" their beloved home.

If the poster had not begun with such an aggressive entry he/she would have got a more open hearing.
Well I have to say I dont agree, especially when you examine some of the replies on here to new "positive" posters ... compared to some of those this was not aggressive. Unless of course one has already decided that they are there to make trouble. I tend to see things from a neutral basis, as I know very little about the realities of living in SA. On the other hand anyone who shows the slightest bit of positivity about SA seems to be ganged up on. You may not think that, but to a neutral thats how it seems.

Anyway, I digress from the original subject and I apologise for hijacking.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

OK. Well I for one did point the original poster to a site devoted to "success stories", and while I don't conceal my own view of HCR, nevertheless I do tell people they can go there for a site which, by its own admission, tries to portray South Africa in a "positive" light, and sets out to downplay what some regard as the "negatives".

Let us for a moment forget the so-called negatives. Then, from a lifestyle point of view, a country with beautiful weather, lots of space, lowish prices, will have obvious attractions for Brits, who live in a congested country with high prices, cold winters, a nanny state, and so on.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Let us for a moment forget the so-called negatives. Then, from a lifestyle point of view, a country with beautiful weather, lots of space, lowish prices, will have obvious attractions for Brits, who live in a congested country with high prices, cold winters, a nanny state, and so on.
Oh for sure .... the grass is always greener, as the saying goes.
I've got to say, I plan to travel a bit over the next few years and SA was definately on the list ......... but since having been on here it ranks pretty low down the list now, if not at the bottom
Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Just passing through then? Mitzy??
Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:48 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Daxk
Just passing through then? Mitzy??

I'm just waiting for the wifes pensions to kick in, so then I'll be a kept man!
Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

My parents are going this Xmas. Flight to CT, Mount Nelson Hotel, cruise to Richards Bay. I am not discouraging them. They know the score. And I'm sure they'll be fine, and if they're not, well they're grown ups.

...But they're not emigrating.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:52 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

My parents are going this Xmas. Flight to CT, Mount Nelson Hotel, cruise to Richards Bay. I am not discouraging them. They know the score. And I'm sure they'll be fine, and if they're not, well they're grown ups.

...But they're not emigrating.
My parents are going over in April; to hang with the Family in Durbs, with trips to the Kalahari and down to Madagascar. I dare not say a thing to them they had such a hatred of the country for so many years they never wanted to go back event o see family. As I have been back a few times recently they went over last year and had such a great time they are doing it every year now. They are going for a month or so and they know the score as well so I’m not really worried.
Happy sun shine and fluffy puppy dog tails.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point

It may be that new arrivals are so happy they have better things to do than report back (and if so I don't blame them!). But of those Brits who say they emigrated there recently, those who have written tend to say there are problems that have caused them to reconsider.
There actually have been several Brits who are living there, who have posted here. Several of whom have been quite happy there, however once they let this secret out of the bag they are attacked for being ostriches, denialists, etc, after which they disappear, Who can blame them? If you truely want to hear what Brits over there are doing, give them a go.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:29 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stanley10
There actually have been several Brits who are living there, who have posted here. Several of whom have been quite happy there, however once they let this secret out of the bag they are attacked for being ostriches, denialists, etc, after which they disappear, Who can blame them? If you truely want to hear what Brits over there are doing, give them a go.
You trying to stir the pot again? hm?
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Redlippie
You trying to stir the pot again? hm?
I rest my case.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 3:51 am

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yawn…..You know beating that dead horse isn’t going to get you anywhere. Seems that discussion has already happened, not sure where you were. We are all happy happy joy joy now, please leave you negative baiting at the door.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Not true.

Those who have been challenged (and I will continue to challenge them) are those who pretend that the crime problems are "all perception" or that they don't exist. As for "denialists", the only denialist I have ever referred to is President Mbeki and his Aids denialism. I will never shut my mouth about that criminal holocaust of millions of innocents. You will have to ban me from this list before that happens.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:57 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Well okay,

If you can’t beat them – join them.

I have decided to return to South Africa. Because I don’t want to work I am going to take up cash in transit heisting.

South Africa is a beautiful place, great weather, friendly people, and the country is alive with possibilities. You can be what you want to be.

If you don’t believe me, here’s the proof of how my successes story will be guaranteed.

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?s...2930597C691760

There, a positive “success story” contribution.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 11:25 am
Member Delux

Juggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant future

Cambells please do, then maybe you can end up like one of the three dead robbers.

somehow every thread gets hijacked by posters feeling the need to get a jab in. I mean the thread says -success stories . Now If there is none, how bout just letting it die a lonely death .Thats what posters find so frustrating.
I bet I could prove my point by starting a thread and calling it - where can I buy Koeksusters and Rooibos tea .Within no time I bet there will be a story of a friend/uncle/niece being bludgeoned to death for a dozen of koeksusters !

Lets stick to the brief.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:43 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
Cambells please do, then maybe you can end up like one of the three dead robbers.

somehow every thread gets hijacked by posters feeling the need to get a jab in. I mean the thread says -success stories . Now If there is none, how bout just letting it die a lonely death .Thats what posters find so frustrating.
I bet I could prove my point by starting a thread and calling it - where can I buy Koeksusters and Rooibos tea .Within no time I bet there will be a story of a friend/uncle/niece being bludgeoned to death for a dozen of koeksusters !

Lets stick to the brief.
I sincerely hope you are not hopeful that Cambell ends up dead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.