success stories

Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:30 am
Just Joined

sakazima is an unknown quantity at this point
Default success stories

Hi all,
i am a South African returning to Cape Town after 7 years of contracts in the Middle East (Dubai, Doha, Oman) and the Far East (Hong Kong, Macau).
I would like to hear from people who either have never left are are glad they didn't, people who emigrated to SA and haven't looked back or people who returned and are glad they did.
I am fed up of the South Africans I have met over the years who constantly seem to have to justify their leaving by bad mouthing SA, or are they just bitter that the grass was not greener on the other side?
I am also not looking to justify my returning, just want to hear some success stories....
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:48 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: success stories

Good luck
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:51 am
Just Joined

OK, let me ask another question, does anyone know of a forum where i could get some constructive advise to help me with the move back.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you go to Homecoming Revolution. In fact, I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. Chock-a-block with good news about paradise and so on.

Actually, considering all the places you say you've lived, I find it rather hard to credit that you are genuinely in need of advice on how to return to your homeland.

Last edited by Pablo; Nov 20th 2007 at 8:55 am.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:55 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sakazima
OK, let me ask another question, does anyone know of a forum where i could get some constructive advise to help me with the move back.
Nope
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:55 am
Just Joined

yes, I have heard of. What I wanted to do was speak to people. hell, forget it
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sakazima
yes, I have heard of. What I wanted to do was speak to people. hell, forget it
Last time I looked, they had a forum where you could speak to people just as you want.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:37 am
Member Delux

Juggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant future

Youre a well travelled guy. Get opinions from family and friends you trust and have your interest at heart. make up your own mind

My word on the issue . I'm here, not leaving. Love the first world .I marvel at the effeciency of their transport system . Their automatic sense of security. But it lacks what I most love of SA, its people ,their warmth . Its challenges . You dont experience Africa on your terms but on hers.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
Youre a well travelled guy. Get opinions from family and friends you trust and have your interest at heart. make up your own mind

My word on the issue . I'm here, not leaving. Love the first world .I marvel at the effeciency of their transport system . Their automatic sense of security. But it lacks what I most love of SA, its people ,their warmth . Its challenges . You dont experience Africa on your terms but on hers.
In spite of our occasional disagreements, Juggernaut, let me say I think that is a good and fair answer.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 2:40 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

I'm sorry but this has to be a joke post.

South African expats are among the most informed about their homeland.

Seen this type of posting before.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 3:52 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, timing after our other little stirrer is amazing innit??. Mmmmmm, game playing galore. Anyway, homecoming is your place lad. Got loads of positive spin to sell you.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
Yep, timing after our other little stirrer is amazing innit??. Mmmmmm, game playing galore. Anyway, homecoming is your place lad. Got loads of positive spin to sell you.
There is no connection
The person is where they say they are
Why is is everyone assumes anyone who wants to hear anything positive is bogus
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:04 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

The pattern of the questions sets off a few alarms. Seen them on other expats sites before. Wanting positive info is fine, but they usually set up an argument by criticizing before even getting into the info request.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:05 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

I just find it weird that a South African who has basically just left the country, is asking for this kind of help.

If I decided to go back, I sure as heck wouldn't need to ask anyone about going back and I've been out for 10 years now.

It is like you asking someone on the board how to return to the UK. How to go about finding a job, or getting an NIH card, etc....it just doesn't make sense.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:09 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
I just find it weird that a South African who has basically just left the country, is asking for this kind of help.

If I decided to go back, I sure as heck wouldn't need to ask anyone about going back and I've been out for 10 years now.

It is like you asking someone on the board how to return to the UK. How to go about finding a job, or getting an NIH card, etc....it just doesn't make sense.
Or maybe someone who was looking for SA info found this forum and just decided to post. Who knows ... I like to give people the benefit of the doubt ......... Doesn't look like she'll be back ... you are a bunch of cynics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.