Reload this Page >

Renew passport from South Africa

Renew passport from South Africa

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Rhodie is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Renew passport from South Africa

Move Up UK Visa Solutions – Cape Town

I found this entity online and submitted an enquiry about using their services to replace stolen British passports. I received an email asking whether the passports were still valid. I replied that one was and one wasn’t. I was sent an amount to pay – R4380 in the case of the stolen passport and R4580 for the expired passport – and told that no further “engagement” would take place until I paid. I duly paid, and received application forms by email. Realising that the expired passport was not stolen, I completed the forms accordingly. I was very surprised to receive completed ONLINE application forms. I could have done that myself, and one application incorrectly reflected a passport as stolen instead of expired. (So why the extra R200?) When I queried this I was told that I was to “work with them, and not against them” and that my pre-payment enquiry conflicted with my signed application forms so they used the information from my original enquiry. After receiving several rude and condescending emails, we decided that we had no confidence in this entity and requested a refund. They refused saying that the act of payment constituted acceptance of their unseen terms and conditions. We continued the online process ourselves, and have just requested our application login details from Move Up to check on the status online. They refused to supply these details and told us to phone the “UK government”. I am going to take this matter further but wish to warn other British citizens against Ryan and Sarah Rennison.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renew passport from South Africa

on the official page of the uk passport office, it warns about not using these companies that offer such services as its not necessary. All the forms are available on the passport office page and all other adverts are just rip offs.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 2:23 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renew passport from South Africa

If they are based in South Africa, you have protection under the new consumer protection act. You should ask them for your money back if they have offered services which weren't advertised correctly, or if they were misleading in any way - a stiffly worded letter threatening court action usually does the trick.