Proudly South African

Old May 19th 2007, 5:18 pm
Banned

80safrikan will become famous soon enough80safrikan will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Proudly South African

You people who are overseas do realise that this constant focus on all the negative issues in South Africa is not helping South Africa.....

People ARE put off visiting South Africa because they read these horror stories. South Africa is a beautiful country to come an visit....(even live but I wont get into that right now...... )

There ARE people who are very positive about South Africa. The people who are very negative on these forums often haven’t lived in South Africa for many years, yet they insist on focusing and spreading all this negativity.... that’s life I guess…

Anyhow, if you have never been to SA, take a look at these videos I made, it’s really not a dark medieval war zone some people make it out to be….. shAAAP !

Cape Town 2006
South Africa
SOuth Africa, photos and video

Norwood, Johannesburg

Cape Town
Johannesburg 2
Cape Town Waterfront
Johannesburg St Johns College
Old May 20th 2007, 2:04 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Proudly South African

Originally Posted by 80safrikan
You people who are overseas do realise that this constant focus on all the negative issues in South Africa is not helping South Africa.....

People ARE put off visiting South Africa because they read these horror stories. South Africa is a beautiful country to come an visit....(even live but I wont get into that right now...... )

There ARE people who are very positive about South Africa. The people who are very negative on these forums often haven’t lived in South Africa for many years, yet they insist on focusing and spreading all this negativity.... that’s life I guess…
Anyhow, if you have never been to SA, take a look at these videos I made, it’s really not a dark medieval war zone some people make it out to be….. shAAAP !
Un-shaap

I will start off to say that the problem and responsibility to help ( sort out) SA is with your government. How dare you try to say that we are bringing SA down, it manages that all by it’s self and brings a few lives to death in the process, in fact not a few 52 each day on the last count.

Anybody seen the movie Wag The Dog ?

Of course people like you are determined to undermine the truth that is spoken and the reality of the utter horror that is real in SA. Could start a tit-for-tat and offer links to other videos showing the horror in SA and Africa.

I for one have lived in SA and perhaps you would care to offer your background as you are very new to this forum.

Simply, you could be employed by the ANC for all we know and producing these so-called positive videos as your job. You could even be working for Robert Mugabe .

The recent PAP ambassadors ( or whatever) have requested protection whilst visiting SA. Your president just spent R92 million on a wall around his house, Jacob Zuma has 18 bodyguards and the list is endless. So if there is no crime and it is all roses in SA just where do all these murders, rapes , cash heists and the endless list of violent ( often barbaric) crimes come from ? Are you trying to say most of us here are dreaming ?

Why is SA labelled the most violent country in the world and do you honestly believe that a few videos is going to sort that ? Any editing of videos, stills etc can produce the desired result ( as you have with an emphasis on positive SA) but on the whole SA is rotten with crime and violent crime at that.

Just the volume of baby slaughter in SA as a single point-of-focus is VERY un-shaap.

SICK is the word that comes to mind…….
Old May 20th 2007, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

You could have taken pretty pictures at the height of the apartheid government too. Does that mean I should not have been critical of apartheid?

There are certain things that "being postive" just cannot achieve in the absence of good or even just reasonably good government. If the water stops flowing through the taps, being positive doesn't make it start flowing again. If your president refuses to believe that hiv causes aids, and as a result presides over a veritable and avoidable holocaust, being postive (even hiv postive!) doesn't bring aids drugs to people who have deliberately been denied them.

Shallow appeals to put patriotism over truth just make me sick.

Pablo
Old May 20th 2007, 10:36 am
Banned

80safrikan will become famous soon enough80safrikan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Campbells
Un-shaap

Simply, you could be employed by the ANC for all we know and producing these so-called positive videos as your job. You could even be working for Robert Mugabe .
Listen to the okes paranoia...are you for real ?? you are not a rational thinking person boet....

LOL you did make me giggle though, ill give you that...

Ja anyways, are you telling me that this country is not safe for tourist ??

You people make me sick!
Old May 20th 2007, 10:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pablo
You could have taken pretty pictures at the height of the apartheid government too. Does that mean I should not have been critical of apartheid?

There are certain things that "being postive" just cannot achieve in the absence of good or even just reasonably good government. If the water stops flowing through the taps, being positive doesn't make it start flowing again. If your president refuses to believe that hiv causes aids, and as a result presides over a veritable and avoidable holocaust, being postive (even hiv postive!) doesn't bring aids drugs to people who have deliberately been denied them.

Shallow appeals to put patriotism over truth just make me sick.

Pablo
I see you are at least an intelligent person I can talk to....
Then you will understand, people who dont know about South Africa think its a war zone, because of people like yourself and others who refuse to post balanced views... They think as soon as they step off the plane there going to be raped robbed and chopped up for muti..... everyone is running around with guns and you cant go anywhere.

I am not hear to argue against you, I know South Africa does have problems.
You see the problem is, people are being put off visiting this country.
Originally Posted by Crownjewels
To Tourist Trap and Campbell........

and all the others that complain........If you want to bad mouth South Africa all the time why don't you just move away from South Africa. What is the point complaining all the time on this forum you don't like this or that about South Africa ???If you don't like it leave. Why even bother writing on here giving people who would want to visit pessimistic views?? If you don't like South Africa, move away why do you guys even bother reading South African newspapers quoting SA crime stats??? Is your lives so boring you need to warn everyone from going there? Personally I have been there but have never been harm not saying crime is not big in the country just saying if I have listen to your views on Africa I would have never travelled there but I am very happy I didn't listen to you guys because I went in 2007 and it was great.

If I didn't like a country I would move on, not complain on the British expat forums about it, I would just move back to Britain, and not read any south african newspapers. Not having anything to do about that country as simple as this. What is the point complaining all the time, nobody listen to you guys anymore......

Somehow I think you guys really just love South Africa? so much because you can't seem to leave this forum and complain all the time, it is like an old married couple always complaining about the other but can't leave each other alone for one second.
Do you think that tourists should not visit South Africa?

I think we need health discussions about South Africas problems, balanced arguments. Not mud slinging matches from disgruntled expats..
Old May 20th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

...people who dont know about South Africa think its a war zone, because of people like yourself and others who refuse to post balanced views... They think as soon as they step off the plane there going to be raped robbed and chopped up for muti..... everyone is running around with guns and you cant go anywhere.

I am not hear to argue against you, I know South Africa does have problems.
You see the problem is, people are being put off visiting this country.

Do you think that tourists should not visit South Africa?

I think we need health discussions about South Africas problems, balanced arguments. Not mud slinging matches from disgruntled expats..
I have said more than once on this forum that tourists going to typical tourist destinations like Cape Town are unlikely to end up the victims of violent crime. But they are *more* likely to do so than if they go to a typical European holiday destination. And being told they should go wandering into the townships is not a recipe for a good holiday, quite apart from the nauseating patronizing aspect of Western tourists going to gawp at the "natives".

I don't know what you mean by "health discussions". Discussions about the state of South Africa's health services? Or is your English faulty and did you mean "healthy" instead of "health"? If you did, then I don't know what a healthy discussion is supposed to mean.

On the "disgruntled expats" riff, I recall that Mugabe blames "disaffected white racists" for all of Zimbabwe's problems. Does anyone still believe that rubbish?

Pablo
Old May 20th 2007, 11:00 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

You people make me sick!
YES, I and millions of others that have left SA because of crime are telling you it is not safe.

Tell you what makes me sick, is 52 murders a day and that includes ( the ones that are counted) babies.

Who's sick ?
Old May 20th 2007, 11:03 am
Banned

Ok let's discuss the HIV AIDS issue... What about that ? Is that a health problem ?
Old May 20th 2007, 11:10 am
Banned

A healthy discussion would require a certain level of maturity....
Old May 20th 2007, 11:23 am

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Listen to the okes paranoia...are you for real ?? you are not a rational thinking person boet....

You people make me sick!
You said you wanted a balanced debate, but then refer to people who have the opposite view to you as paranoid and irrational. That's not what debating is about.

I have had many good things to say about South Africa, and I miss my home terribly, but I am realistic enough to know that it's not a safe place. You can try discredit everyone on here as much as possible, but you can't fight the statistics, and those say that it is indeed a country with very high crime.

If you want me to come on here and promote South Africa, then expect honesty, as to come on here and tell people it's a land of peace and fluffy bunny's would be dishonest. It hurts my heart not being able to be proud of my birth country and sing it's praises, but I left for a reason, and to do so would be hypocritical.

If your idea of debating is belittling others and telling them how sick they make you, then you've lost the battle already.
Old May 20th 2007, 11:26 am

It seems to me that it's something you are clearly lacking yourself.

My Dad always says "Don't argue with a fool as they will just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".

I think I will take his advice, so will therefore not be engaging in conversations with you any longer.
Old May 20th 2007, 11:30 am
Banned

I agree 100% ............
Old May 20th 2007, 11:35 am
Banned

You people make me sick!
You are obviously addressing the plural as “you people” refers to several people that make you sick.

Nice way to start your whole entry into this forum and of course the mature manner you request.

God save the queen.
Old May 20th 2007, 12:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Kitten24
You said you wanted a balanced debate, but then refer to people who have the opposite view to you as paranoid and irrational. That's not what debating is about.
Did you even read the context of my statement? This guy believes I work for Robert Mugabe ? lol because I posted a few videos of what South Africa looks like today, in case people like Cambell and others haven’t been there for a while
I have had many good things to say about South Africa, and I miss my home terribly, but I am realistic enough to know that it's not a safe place. You can try discrediting everyone on here as much as possible, but you can't fight the statistics, and those say that it is indeed a country with very high crime.
If you want me to come on here and promote South Africa, then expect honesty, as to come on here and tell people it's a land of peace and fluffy bunny's would be dishonest. It hurts my heart not being able to be proud of my birth country and sing it's praises, but I left for a reason, and to do so would be hypocritical.
I have never once said there is no crime in South Africa or that it is a land of peace and fluffy bunny's. Perhaps your pre conceived ideas of what I am about should have taken a back seat until you actually spoke to me....
I m not trying to discredit people exaclty, the facts and figures speak for themselves, HOWEVER there is more to the story

If your idea of debating is belittling others and telling them how sick they make you, then you've lost the battle already.
You are 100% right.... I apologise for that statement. I hope you understand my frustration. I cant understand why you are not proud of South Africa...
Perhaps its because you dont truly UNDERSTAND South Africa and where its coming from. Just a thought....

by the way did anyone catch the super 14 final...
Old May 20th 2007, 12:45 pm

You are 100% right.... I apologise for that statement. I hope you understand my frustration. I cant understand why you are not proud of South Africa...
Perhaps its because you dont truly UNDERSTAND South Africa and where its coming from. Just a thought....
by the way did anyone catch the super 14 final...

I appreciate your apology. I would apologise too for my anger in my previous statement, I do understand your frustration. If we can keep the conversation from becoming too personal then it's a subject I would love to debate.

As I do not personally know you I can only judge by what I have read and since you give no clear indication of your own circumstances, that makes it quite difficult.

I'm a born and raised South African and I fail to see how anyone could possibly have a clearer understanding than me? I may have been away for a couple of years, but my entire family are still there and I visit constantly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.