Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

The News Item thread - all news links here

The News Item thread - all news links here

Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:56 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default The News Item thread - all news links here

If you have an item of news link for Africa, put it on here for people to read rather than us opening loads of different one line threads

I thank you!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The News Item thread - all news links here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/default.st
Old Mar 18th 2008, 2:23 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

404 Page Not Found!!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Point well made, newshoney. Almost all threads relate to news, either directly or indirectly. Lumping them all together isn't going to work.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 3:32 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pablo
Point well made, newshoney. Almost all threads relate to news, either directly or indirectly. Lumping them all together isn't going to work.
Oh thanks for the positivity

You mean .............. it wont stop us having loads of threads based on a one line news link item of another SA atrocity or problem which one poster has already received a temporary ban from admin for, and always ends up in name calling and accusations?
Old Mar 18th 2008, 3:43 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Huh, who was naughty this time, and why aren't you picking on me Mitzy?? Starting to feel left out. Got to agree that this way of doing things is going to be rather odd. I know the link thing is a pain but is only used to validate what is being said. We would otherwise be accused of making it up. Politics is like a mud fight, everyone somehow gets splattered with some, and last time I checked - they said there actually were some healthy minerals in it even if the rest is loaded with dung.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez guys... that was unfortunate... I was actually trying genuinely to link to the BBC news website's Africa home page (not least because I used to work on it) but I managed to cut and paste incorrectly (doh - senior moment).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/default.stm
Old Mar 18th 2008, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Mitzy, but you know, why not just ban everyone from posting anything that might be construed as 'bad news' or 'negative' or inconvenient to the prevailing regime -- you know, a bit like the Chinese government tries to do. Then we can all stick to pretty sunsets, favourite pets, happy holidays, and there will be no disagreements, because there will be nothing except banality.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 3:57 pm
Nuts and Bolts

I'm hooting at the Naked Ghana protest segment. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7302243.stm They would pay women to protest like that over here.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 4:00 pm
Senior Moment

Sorry Mitzy, but you know, why not just ban everyone from posting anything that might be construed as 'bad news' or 'negative' or inconvenient to the prevailing regime -- you know, a bit like the Chinese government tries to do. Then we can all stick to pretty sunsets, favourite pets, happy holidays, and there will be no disagreements, because there will be nothing except banality.
Dont start on me
To use the usual forum arguement, how can you possibly compare the atrocoties and civil liberty violations in China to the forum admin

I'm not suggesting censoring people from posting ........... I'm trying to save your forum if you didn't know it.

Maybe I shouldn't put myself out

Nobody is suggesting that we stop negative postings ........... All I have ever asked is that you dont gang up on anyone who has a differing opinion to you lot
Old Mar 18th 2008, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Dont start on me
... I'm not. And I won't.

Nobody is suggesting that we stop negative postings ........... All I have ever asked is that you dont gang up on anyone who has a differing opinion to you lot
Oh this gang thing. You know I have disagreed with other supposed members of my gang, and I certainly do not promote *any* party line.

I mean, not all opinions are equal, or worthy of respect either. If I posted up that I thought the Holocaust was all bunkum, it would surely not be a defence merely to claim "well that is my *opinion* so you can't 'attack' it.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 4:36 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Eskom wants a 53% tariff hike. http://www.mg.co.za/articlePage.aspx...ews__business/ Who can afford that?
Old Mar 18th 2008, 4:48 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Airport Gangs link. http://www.thetimes.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=729577
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:39 pm
Senior Moment

Sorry Pablo, "gang" was a bad choice of word
I'm not inferring that you have a gang, and not actually specifiaclly referring to you either it was just a generality

Oh this gang thing. You know I have disagreed with other supposed members of my gang, and I certainly do not promote *any* party line.

I mean, not all opinions are equal, or worthy of respect either. If I posted up that I thought the Holocaust was all bunkum, it would surely not be a defence merely to claim "well that is my *opinion* so you can't 'attack' it.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:23 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Sorry Pablo, "gang" was a bad choice of word
I'm not inferring that you have a gang, and not actually specifiaclly referring to you either it was just a generality
Damn, I was about to go out and buy myself a leather jacket, some tattoos and spike my hair. Thought that is kind of what is needed to fit into a gang.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.