Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Mugabe's latest poisonous rant.

Mugabe's latest poisonous rant.

Old Oct 3rd 2014, 12:33 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mugabe's latest poisonous rant.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Sigh.

He wasn't "put in power" by "bleeding hearts" ffs, he lead a guerilla military movement and then won/took an election. Do at least try to read history.

The "whites" were also his countrymen, btw. Nationality is not a colour.
I said "helped put him in power" and Mugabe never accepted the whites as his countrymen. From the day he became premier, whites were at best tolerated provided they stayed out of politics. You really should try reading up about the Rhodesia to Zimababwe story. You might learn something from it.

Would you say Zimbabwe is a better place to live now that Mugabe is at the helm?
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 12:37 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I said "helped put him in power" and Mugabe never accepted the whites as his countrymen. From the day he became premier, whites were at best tolerated provided they stayed out of politics. You really should try reading up about the Rhodesia to Zimababwe story. You might learn something from it.

Would you say Zimbabwe is a better place to live now that Mugabe is at the helm?
Don't be absurd. Nobody is defending Mugabe, they are just trying to correct your knowledge of history and your ability to discern actual media from fake sites. And "whites" were his countrymen. Period. They still are. His treatment of them has nothing to do with your classification of people's nationalities according to colour - just like those "brown faces" on the bus that you instantly knew were not British.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 12:40 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be absurd. Nobody is defending Mugabe, they are just trying to correct your knowledge of history and your ability to discern actual media from fake sites. And "whites" were his countrymen. Period. They still are. His treatment of them has nothing to do with your classification of people's nationalities according to colour - just like those "brown faces" on the bus that you instantly knew were not British.
In your dreams
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 1:29 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, should have realised it was fake. Mad Bob's already killed or driven away most of the whites - along with millions of his black countrymen and women.
I had a little bet with myself, whether you'd say "my bad, will check it out next time" or blame Mugabe. Satire only works when their is an element of truth.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 1:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I had a little bet with myself, whether you'd say "my bad, will check it out next time" or blame Mugabe. Satire only works when their is an element of truth.
Trust me, in Zimbabwe, nobody outside Mugabe's circle is laughing. He's turned an amazing breadbasket of a country into a basket case. Did you notice it happen?
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 1:46 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Trust me, in Zimbabwe, nobody outside Mugabe's circle is laughing. He's turned an amazing breadbasket of a country into a basket case. Did you notice it happen?
This thread is a media discernment thread. Stop derailing it. As to your question, may I refer you to my previous reply.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 1:49 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 3rd 2014, 5:08 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, should have realised it was fake. Mad Bob's already killed or driven away most of the whites - along with millions of his black countrymen and women.
I should have checked it out too, but didn't even bother to take a second look as I got this in an email from an acquaintance with info that informed us of the last two remaining colleagues recently deceased in a mining related conflict. Those of us that have had our time under Mad Bob know he is capable of this and more. Life is expendable.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 6:47 am
Banned

Sigh.

He wasn't "put in power" by "bleeding hearts" ffs, he lead a guerilla military movement and then won/took an election. Do at least try to read history.

The "whites" were also his countrymen, btw. Nationality is not a colour.
FFS, this is yet another example of political correct bigotry from you. Instead of properly concerning yourself about the millions of people killed or driven away by Mugabe, you prefer to see racist connotations - where none was ever intended!
Old Oct 6th 2014, 12:43 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Willie Nelson is a member of BE?
Old Oct 6th 2014, 12:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ededed
Willie Nelson is a member of BE?
Please no, we have enough eccentric types here already!

I thought of presenting Batty with a more inspiring image for him to take home but opted for the comparatively benign one instead
Old Oct 6th 2014, 1:34 pm

FFS, this is yet another example of political correct bigotry from you. Instead of properly concerning yourself about the millions of people killed or driven away by Mugabe, you prefer to see racist connotations - where none was ever intended!
Red herring. Again, nobody, including me, was defending Mugabe.

Nor did I call you a racist. I merely pointed out that people's skin colour is not an indication of nationality, since you appear to think that it is. I have no idea if that makes you racist or just a bit silly.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 9:16 pm
Banned

Red herring. Again, nobody, including me, was defending Mugabe.

Nor did I call you a racist. I merely pointed out that people's skin colour is not an indication of nationality, since you appear to think that it is. I have no idea if that makes you racist or just a bit silly.
Your central argument is just plain daft.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 9:17 pm

Your central argument is just plain daft.
What central argument would that be?
Old Oct 6th 2014, 9:24 pm
Banned

What central argument would that be?
That I classify people's nationalities according to their colour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.