Reload this Page >

Moving to South Africa want to keep job in UK

Moving to South Africa want to keep job in UK

Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:30 am
Just Joined

ScottWest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to South Africa want to keep job in UK

Hi malald

I am trying to do the same as you at the moment and I see you posted this quite a while ago. Did you have any luck?

I am specifically wondering if anyone can tell me what the visa requirements would be? I am on a SA passport working in London on an HSMP visa and would like to move to SA and work from there. I don't think I can renew my HSMP visa if I don't spend a lot of time in the UK? Would I need a visa to remain on the company's payroll even though I am working from SA? Or would I open my own company in SA and just invoice my employer for the work I do for them?

Originally Posted by malald
HI,
I am moving to South Africa due to famliy commitments but I want to keep my job in the UK. I do a fair amount of work from home and I know I can do it my job remotley. So now I need to put a propsal together for my company outlying all the possiblities, costs involved, tax implications. This would be a first for the company should they accept my proposal but I dont really know where to start with it.

I need to know the benefits of them paying into a SA bank account vs a UK bank account and what about tax/national insurance. Is it allowed to be paid and work as if I was in the UK but not be here? so many questions. Would I then pay tax on the money when I bring it into SA. Whats the best way to bring the money into SA.

Has anyone done this before/ or currently doing it.

Any advice would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to South Africa want to keep job in UK

Originally Posted by ScottWest
Would I need a visa to remain on the company's payroll even though I am working from SA?
No.

Or would I open my own company in SA and just invoice my employer for the work I do for them?
This would be better for tax reasons.