Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Moving to Nairobi - help appreciated!

Moving to Nairobi - help appreciated!

Old Sep 9th 2010, 9:15 am
Just Joined

longtalljules is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to Nairobi - help appreciated!

Hi there!

My fiancee (Indian national) is moving to Nairobi in January and has an employment VISA secured. I am of course wanting to join him in February/March, thus I am starting to research exactly what is required for me to get there and also secure employment! I am a British national. I have many, many questions so if anyone could help me with them it would be much appreciated. Firstly - the most pressing question - do I need to secure employment before I get there, or can I go and find employment while there?

Any help much appreciated!

Juliet
Old Sep 26th 2010, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

George Holmer Kenya has much to be proud ofGeorge Holmer Kenya has much to be proud ofGeorge Holmer Kenya has much to be proud ofGeorge Holmer Kenya has much to be proud ofGeorge Holmer Kenya has much to be proud ofGeorge Holmer Kenya has much to be proud ofGeorge Holmer Kenya has much to be proud ofGeorge Holmer Kenya has much to be proud ofGeorge Holmer Kenya has much to be proud ofGeorge Holmer Kenya has much to be proud ofGeorge Holmer Kenya has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moving to Nairobi - help appreciated!

If your husband has a job with a work permit, you will be considered a dependent and as such, have a right to remain and can then get a work permit locally if you find a job. You can find employment here but the process of getting the work permit is quite time consuming.

Let me know if you have more questions, I am in exactly your position myself expect that we are already here.

Good luck in Kenya, life here is good.