Moving to Joburg

Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Joburg

You are so right Chango, why let a few pesky details like facts get in the way of a good rant.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

TigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stanley10
Communists, thats a bit 70's isn't it? I don't think they are finding being in power a drag, on the contrary, power gen, water, garbage pick up etc opens new opportunities for them.
Stanley do you actually live in the real world or do you live in la-la-land?

You do know that power generation is now in crisis? You do read newspapers? Have a look at some of the threads in this forum on this subject. Perhaps all the reports are just lies, damn lies.

Water is a looming crisis, naturally blamed on the evil West, again because they cause global warming and unstable climates. But then there is the serious concern over the possibility that there has been a total melt down in proper management and the threat that water supplies in areas of the Witwatersrand have been contaminated with radio active material.

All the bad news goes on and on in all sorts of fields. The cause is affirmative action and the Robin Hood actions of the ANC. The white community is expected to accept extremely high taxation to compensate the masses for their ill treatment in the past and at the same time be prohibited from getting good jobs. Like the whole of the rest of Africa, experienced white engineers and professionals are managed out of their jobs to be replaced with young inexperienced individuals on the basis of race alone. When things start going seriously wrong you bring in contracted workers (mostly white (witness this very thread)) on expat contracts. We have seen it all before. Look at the whole of Africa and you will see the same history repeated in almost every country except Botswana. You can say what you like but everything currently points to the same destination. You have failed to learn the lessons of the past that even the great pragmatist Nelson Mandela learned and espoused during the early days of the rainbow nation.

Last edited by TigerOC; Jul 17th 2008 at 10:14 am.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:45 pm
Member Delux

Juggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant future

But, since I'm learning, Jugs; never mind the right to vote, focus for me on speech and language. Have you had black people in SA comfortably evoque to you some amount of trepidation regarding the brain drain? All these productive law and order types leaving cannot be a happy subject in your country.
Chango, I have had but there is various opinions regarding that debate .One cannot force anyone to stay .They have their reasons for leaving .Then again many havent .I would like the country to retain as much talent as possible but its ultimately their decision.

Perhaps the ANC is simply unfit to govern, but they ride on a wave of undeserved allegiance in a public that just doesn't know better. Here, in the states, we're finally seeing christians wander off the republican reservation (for more conservative pastures).
They may very well be unfit to rule. Only the country's citizens can decide that, not so ? .Are they riding a wave of allegiance. yes. How long will it last ? How long until you started seeing shifts in the established voting patterns ...If youre using the word finally I'll have to presume that it occured only recently and how long have you have democratic elections... so you tell me.

You do know that power generation is now in crisis? You do read newspapers? Have a look at some of the threads in this forum on this subject. Perhaps all the reports are just lies, damn lies.

Water is a looming crisis, naturally blamed on the evil West, again because they cause global warming and unstable climates. But then there is the serious concern over the possibility that there has been a total melt down in proper management and the threat that water supplies in areas of the Witwatersrand have been contaminated with radio active material.

All the bad news goes on and on in all sorts of fields. The cause is affirmative action and the Robin Hood actions of the ANC. The white community is expected to accept extremely high taxation to compensate the masses for their ill treatment in the past and at the same time be prohibited from getting good jobs. Like the whole of the rest of Africa, experienced white engineers and professionals are managed out of their jobs to be replaced with young inexperienced individuals on the basis of race alone. When things start going seriously wrong you bring in contracted workers (mostly white (witness this very thread)) on expat contracts. We have seen it all before. Look at the whole of Africa and you will see the same history repeated in almost every country except Botswana. You can say what you like but everything currently points to the same destination. You have failed to learn the lessons of the past that even the great pragmatist Nelson Mandela learned and espoused during the early days of the rainbow nation.
Regarding the power crisis .Eskom along with government has brought the situation under control. Posters on this site said ...if this is whats happening during summer then during winter when demand is high South Africans will probably want to slit their wrists its gonna be that bad....We just passed mid winter and there has been no load shedding at all .
My point being that when challenges are addressed by government posters remain silent.
Affirmative Action and its affects are being blown out of proportion. Thats my view not a government or ANC view. How many of our expats on this site would return tomorrow if A.A was scraped tonight. Not many I dare say.Abiding to the old adage that two wrongs dont make a right I'll refrain from reminding you that white south africans had over 5O years of Affirmative Action . Youre right, thats probably one lesson we failed to learn.

Recent research by economist Mike Schussler shows that White south Africans are still today getting paid 5.5 times more than non-white southafricans.This suggests that, the whingeing of those who believe themselves to be the victims of affirmative action continue to enjoy economic power despite the demise from race-based political power.
It also suggests that such whingeing is based more on perceptions and paranoia than the real economy.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TigerOC

Err, and where have I said that these weren't issuses?

http://www.mg.co.za/article/2008-07-...ter-power-cuts

Also see what Jugs has to say about it, afterall he lives there.

The white community is expected to accept extremely high taxation to compensate the masses for their ill treatment in the past and at the same time be prohibited from getting good jobs.
You're contradicting yourself, to pay high taxes you need to have a high income, to earn high income you have to have a good job. If whites are paying high taxes it is because they have good jobs. Aside from which income tax is based on income, not on race. If taxes are high, your fellow South Africans are paying them as well.

Anyhow Tigs according to your logic all the woes of the country can be blamed on Apartheid until the year 2050.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

TigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really niceTigerOC is just really nice

You're contradicting yourself, to pay high taxes you need to have a high income, to earn high income you have to have a good job. If whites are paying high taxes it is because they have good jobs. Aside from which income tax is based on income, not on race. If taxes are high, your fellow South Africans are paying them as well.

Anyhow Tigs according to your logic all the woes of the country can be blamed on Apartheid until the year 2050.
You never let up with your inane, uninformed comments. I owned businesses in the RSA. I employed 4 times as many Black employees as white. As a business man I was paying 80% of my income back in various forms of tax. Further I am then told who I can employ. The net result was that I closed the businesses and left, leaving many devoted and loyal staff, unemployed. I am not the only one. I, and many others that have left, have great skills to offer the country in critical fields. In my graduation class there are less than 10% still working in the RSA. I will repeat it again; people with special skills and experience are being driven out of their jobs and the country on the altar of politics. Just like the rest of Africa, areas that require special skills will start to falter and then fail. The importation of expat skills doesn't solve the problem because those expats have no commitment to the country or their jobs as they mostly mercenaries. It has all happened before, the length and breadth of Africa. Look at Zimbabwe. That's what is going to happen in the RSA as well. The people in power and the electorate are incapable of governing any country because they lack the basic culture of democracy.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

AudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really nice

I owned businesses in the RSA. I employed 4 times as many Black employees as white. As a business man I was paying 80% of my income back in various forms of tax. Further I am then told who I can employ. The net result was that I closed the businesses and left, leaving many devoted and loyal staff, unemployed. I am not the only one.
So true, once we finally manage to sell our properties, we will close our businesses and many staff members will be out of work. Most of our friends are self-employed and are leaving too! The crime rate is just going to increase with the ever increasing number of un-employed. Just hope once we are that side, jobs are easier to come by than here because we will be joining the work force for a while.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:48 am
Member Delux

Juggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant future

Good luck Auds .I Hope things work out.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
thats probably one lesson we failed to learn.
...Who is "we"?
Old Jul 19th 2008, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

El_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant future

There's...there's no help for this condition. I'm sorry. I guess communism isn't so 70's after all. Over here, green's the new red.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

AudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really nice

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
Good luck Auds .I Hope things work out.
Thank you Juggernaut, so do I. Don't you want to buy my properties???
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

You never let up with your inane, uninformed comments. I owned businesses in the RSA. I employed 4 times as many Black employees as white. As a business man I was paying 80% of my income back in various forms of tax. Further I am then told who I can employ. The net result was that I closed the businesses and left, leaving many devoted and loyal staff, unemployed.
Tiggs, I feel you've moved the goal posts here somewhat.
Without having a copy of you financial statements, or any knowledge of your business, it is very hard to comment, however if you were paying 80% tax on your income I would thought you could have tried a better accountant. I am also surprised that you did not sell your business, and just closed it down.

The importation of expat skills doesn't solve the problem because those expats have no commitment to the country or their jobs as they mostly mercenaries.
Fair enough, you have demonstrated your commitment how?

It has all happened before, the length and breadth of Africa. Look at Zimbabwe. That's what is going to happen in the RSA as well. The people in power and the electorate are incapable of governing any country because they lack the basic culture of democracy.
So what should we do, overthrow them and reinstall a white dictatorship?