Indians in J'burg

Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:18 am
Just Joined

krishna99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Indians in J'burg

I wish to know if there are Indians living in J'burg
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indians in J'burg

The Indian Consulate - Johannesburg
http://www.indconjoburg.co.za/

Originally Posted by krishna99
Old Mar 17th 2006, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, there are Indians living in Jo'burg.

Best wishes,

Pablo
Old Mar 17th 2006, 2:49 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Ja
Old Mar 19th 2006, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Is it safe for Indians to Live in J'burg
I have been offered a contract job on a yearly salary of 90K USD

Thanks
Old Mar 20th 2006, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

John J has a brilliant futureJohn J has a brilliant futureJohn J has a brilliant futureJohn J has a brilliant futureJohn J has a brilliant futureJohn J has a brilliant future

Thanks
Keep in mind that SA is the second most murderous country in the world. People of all races become victims of crime daily. Having said that, the salary offered should put you in a position to live in a upper-middle class neighbourhood and "buy" some security.

For the longer term, do your homework on SA's unemployment rate, education shortcomings and other socio-economic problems before migrating.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Read some of the other trhreads on this forum

eg
Crime and all that......
Moving to South Africa

I don't live in South Africa anymore because of the crime and it is my main reason for not returning.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

Oh Thanks for all Replies , Currently I live and work in Sydney
I think I should stay back in Sydney ,

Originally Posted by Luma
Read some of the other trhreads on this forum

eg
Crime and all that......
Moving to South Africa

I don't live in South Africa anymore because of the crime and it is my main reason for not returning.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
not much different to anybody else living in Joburg. Depends where the job is and where you will end up living. whether your an indian or not doesnt really make that much difference.

its noty a bad salary for joburg, you should be able to find somewhere nice enough to live.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

hey Krishna

SA has quite a big indian community and it's called 'the rainbow nation' for a good reason, there all colours and creeds so don't worry about that. In terms of safety, as some have mentioned, unfortunately SA has an unacceptably high crime rate so you need to be on your guard.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 10:07 pm
littleflower

littleflower15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shellfish
hey Krishna

SA has quite a big indian community and it's called 'the rainbow nation' for a good reason, there all colours and creeds so don't worry about that. In terms of safety, as some have mentioned, unfortunately SA has an unacceptably high crime rate so you need to be on your guard.
I am a SAfrican living in the Uk. I had not been affected by crime in SA but had decided to leave because I feared becoming a statistic and because I feared for my children.
My sister lives in J'burg and loves it. She lives in one of the good neighbourhoods. If possible try and go on holiday first
All the best.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Peanut 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

South Africa is a multicultural society that have four main groups of People. Coloured, Whites, Blacks and Indians. The number of indians us the largest group outside India. Being Indian South African myself we talk and mix with everybody. We dont only look for Indians to meet and talk to. Good choice Stay in Sydney as if u looking to talk to Indians only
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:50 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Peanut 1
South Africa is a multicultural society that has four main groups of People. Coloured, Whites, Blacks and Indians. The number of Indians us the largest group outside India. Being Indian South African myself we talk and mix with everybody. We don’t only look for Indians to meet and talk to. Good choice Stay in Sydney as if u looking to talk to Indians only

Hey do you mind if I call you Nut for short?

Listen Nut, don’t you think you have a bit of an attitude? You come to a forum that is titled “Brit Ex Pats” in-case you didn’t notice and make a whole contribution of two comments on threads and start to get nasty.

Maybe you are suffering from South African aggression syndrome, you know, frustrated inside and wanting to blame everyone else that doesn’t understand the real reason South Africa is going down the tubes and why your children have to take Zulu lessons at school.

Everyone is entitled to a South African opinion – real democracy & freedom of speech.

Hey Nut. Here’s a challenge for you. Next post see if you can take it to 100 words at least you will be CONTRIBUTING and not just WHINING.

Have a great weekend.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Peanut 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Campbells
Hey do you mind if I call you Nut for short?

Listen Nut, don’t you think you have a bit of an attitude? You come to a forum that is titled “Brit Ex Pats” in-case you didn’t notice and make a whole contribution of two comments on threads and start to get nasty.

Maybe you are suffering from South African aggression syndrome, you know, frustrated inside and wanting to blame everyone else that doesn’t understand the real reason South Africa is going down the tubes and why your children have to take Zulu lessons at school.

Everyone is entitled to a South African opinion – real democracy & freedom of speech.

Hey Nut. Here’s a challenge for you. Next post see if you can take it to 100 words at least you will be CONTRIBUTING and not just WHINING.

Have a great weekend.
Yes i do mind, ass oah u dont mind me calling u an ass. If south africa is going down the tubes why the hell are u on a discussing it. If u dont like join another forum. Who the hell are u tell me what i can and cannot say. Funny coming from someone whos countrie are full of acolholics, adulteress,fascists, pregranent teenagers and the other half on the dol. Check your own back yard before u decide to comment on someone elses.

Have a nice weekend mate

Hope that was enough words for u if u can count

Last edited by Peanut 1; Feb 9th 2007 at 9:13 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:28 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Peanut 1
Yes i do mind, ass oah u dont mind me calling u an ass. If south africa is going down the tubes why the hell are u on a discussing it. If u dont like join another forum. Who the hell are u tell me what i can and cannot say. Funny coming from someone whos countrie are full of acolholics, adulteress,fascists, pregranent teenagers and the other half on the dol. Check your own back yard before u decide to comment on someone elses.

Have a nice weekend mate

Hope that was enough words for u if u can count
Reading (or trying to anyway) your opinions gives a clear indication of your level of education. Have you heard of the Oxford English Dictionary? Or is that too White for you? 13 years on under the New Government and you still haven’t made the choice to educate yourself – why is that? Go back to school if you can find one where they are not stabbing each other, shooting each other, raping each other or destroying the buildings - and these acts are carried out by KIDS. Heaven knows how many of them are pregnant??? Yet that is something that has been going on for decades isn’t it. First line of education is …..Parents! Goes back generations.

Alcoholism???? Are you kidding – even as a world wide problem and one that is not colour bound check out the shebeens right there in SA. You know, just down the road where you live, the nearest public park – where our kids are supposed to be able to swing and slide or take their dogs for a walk or ride their bikes. Come on my man, you know what I’m talking about, YOU LIVE THERE.

Just what is it that you are defending? Have you really thought about it?

We have checked out our backyard boetie, and that’s why we left it. It stinks of death! It’s wonderful to find a place where the front yard is open and free and we don’t have to lock ourselves away in dirty backyards where all the dirty laundry is just smouldering and no doubt will self-combust.

Just for the record:
This section of the forums refers to South Africa. If you care to post a topic in the UK section regarding your strong feelings towards Scotland, I encourage you to do so. The topic of this thread is CRIME in South Africa and it would seem is something you are trying desperately to deflect?

Have a crime-free weekend. Try not to type your next post whilst doing handstands in the shower!

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.