Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

HomeSickCHick's Shopping List

HomeSickCHick's Shopping List

Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

mealiepud is just really nicemealiepud is just really nicemealiepud is just really nicemealiepud is just really nicemealiepud is just really nicemealiepud is just really nicemealiepud is just really nicemealiepud is just really nice
Default HomeSickCHick's Shopping List

Maria will be boarding the plane back to UK next week. I'm filled with envy and green with jealousy!

Oh no, I'm not missing the family or anything worthwhile! Nope, having lived in the UK for a wee while, taught me the real values in life..... BARGAINS!!!!

SA sucks for bargains..... I would like to go to UK to indulge in Sainsbury's reduced section (oh, all those marked down eclairs..... NEED all 10 packs and graps quickly before someone else spots this amazing buy), GAP sale rail (oops, they don't have my size, must buy next size up or down as price just too good..... will eat more or less to make bargain worthwhile) IKEA pound buys..... 1 pack each of red, blue, green, purple, white and orange paper serviettes - all highly essential at a quid a pack and oh, do not leave without the TEA CANDLES!!!!! 1000 for 10p!

Oh I miss that all. Maria, indulge on my behalf.... PLEASE!

Mealiepud xx
Old May 12th 2009, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

homesickchick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HomeSickCHick's Shopping List

Originally Posted by mealiepud
Maria will be boarding the plane back to UK next week. I'm filled with envy and green with jealousy!

Oh no, I'm not missing the family or anything worthwhile! Nope, having lived in the UK for a wee while, taught me the real values in life..... BARGAINS!!!!

SA sucks for bargains..... I would like to go to UK to indulge in Sainsbury's reduced section (oh, all those marked down eclairs..... NEED all 10 packs and graps quickly before someone else spots this amazing buy), GAP sale rail (oops, they don't have my size, must buy next size up or down as price just too good..... will eat more or less to make bargain worthwhile) IKEA pound buys..... 1 pack each of red, blue, green, purple, white and orange paper serviettes - all highly essential at a quid a pack and oh, do not leave without the TEA CANDLES!!!!! 1000 for 10p!

Oh I miss that all. Maria, indulge on my behalf.... PLEASE!

Mealiepud xx
Well my goodness me - Hi Mealiepud - it's been so long. My internet went down before I left for UK so missed this message - hence no reply! But my goodness how I laughed just now (that's not the SA just now but the English 'recently'!. I had an absolute ball and my baby is now officially a 9 month old little baby 'girl' eek how time flies!!.
Shopping was first class ofcourse and believe me I shopped until I dropped - Chelsea now has a wardrobe full of 6 - 9 months old clothes from .. can you believe it Sainsburys?!! their baby clothes are to die for and so so pretty. As I arrived I was hit with the snow (remember snow?) the whole country came to a stand still, national rail, buses, schools etc., etc., We caught cold after cold as we travelled around the country on buses & trains with formula & nappies and yet another suitcase after every stop!!. I really just couldn't help myself. The only problem is divvy here didn't think to buy any 9 - 12 months old stuff - you can tell I a clueless mum eh??
I've followed your lovely advise before I left and joined Moms & Babes with Di and am now desparate to get to UK emporium. I can't remember where you said the baby group was and who to call.... please can you be my angel again and help me out - really lonely now and so missing all my pals & family but enjoying being home with my poor hubby (who lost so much weight whilst I was away) and my cats & dogs and how did my baby miss her daddy - it was too sad to see. UK is UK so no real news there although I just wanted to cry when I saw all the Woolworths shops boarded up - I grew up with them and the pick n mix.

Sorry long reply - no human adult company!!!. Maria x.x.x.