HIV in SA

Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HIV in SA

Originally Posted by Redlippie
The fact that thousands die in South Africa through muti murders every year. Where do you think the hearts, testicles, etc..that the myriads of sangomas use come from? The lab?

Or the fact that muti rings are being constantly exposed in other African countries all the time, involving street/homeless children?
I am not disputing that they occur, I am asking where you are getting your numbers from, and how these numbers relate to SA.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

This in my newsfeed today.

It rather confirms everything I have said about Mbeki and his approach to Aids treatment. He sacks the deputy who gets it, and keeps the Health Minister who doesn't.

Nozizwe Madlala-Routledge,
the outspoken deputy health minister many Aids activists wanted promoted, was instead axed by President Thabo Mbeki after she refused to resign.
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?newsl...5a1a20070809at
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 6000
SA spends more public money on HIV/AIDS than any other country on the planet $446.55 million in 2005, up from $79.5m in 2001.
I don't understand this, why is SA spending so much on HIV/AIDS? Surely it does not cost that much to grow beetroot, garlic and potatoes?

Last edited by kiwibok; Aug 9th 2007 at 10:18 am.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pablo
This in my newsfeed today.

It rather confirms everything I have said about Mbeki and his approach to Aids treatment. He sacks the deputy who gets it, and keeps the Health Minister who doesn't.

Nozizwe Madlala-Routledge,
the outspoken deputy health minister many Aids activists wanted promoted, was instead axed by President Thabo Mbeki after she refused to resign.
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?newsl...5a1a20070809at
The good news for the week,
Ahhrr, its a pitty that good news like this is so rare!!! Just a pitty is what not Manto, but anyway anybody loosing their job in the ANC is good news...
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwibok
The good news for the week,
Ahhrr, its a pitty that good news like this is so rare!!! Just a pitty is what not Manto, but anyway anybody loosing their job in the ANC is good news...
I don't think this sacked deputy minister was bad at her job. If anything, she was good at it, and refused to toe the absurd Mbeki line. Hence the sack.

Pablo
Old Aug 9th 2007, 11:02 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

I agree with Pablo.

Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:08 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Typical ANC logic isn't it? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6938178.stm She should rather have gone on an expensive non-productive holiday instead. She could have kept her job then.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:40 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
Typical ANC logic isn't it? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6938178.stm She should rather have gone on an expensive non-productive holiday instead. She could have kept her job then.
I don't know much about her background, but Manto and Thabo are two old 'struggle comrades', tight as thieves. Can't have the very effecient upstart come in and upset the apple cart of utter incompetence, corruption and neglect, now can we?

He is so out of touch with what S.A. is about that it scares me.

Here we have someone who lived outside the country for most of his life, educated at one of the world's most prestigious instititutions, who did not live with the day-to-day tensions and struggles that all of us had to live through (black and white, albeit on different sides of the fencing, most times), and who is now in charge of a country, of which he is a foreigner, for all intents and purposes.

The ANC would have done well to bring in a successor like Cyril or Tokyo - people who actually lived in S.A. during the struggle - two men, in my mind at least, who are truly equipped for the position of president. They made a huge mistake installing Dr. Chivas.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:55 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, and Mbeki is showing the leanings of Uncle Robert in wanting to stay in power and manipulating any and all constitutional laws to maintain his control of the masses. Mugabe invested well when he sponsored Mbeki's schooling.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

http://www.mg.co.za/articlePage.aspx...ticleId=316236

'Cosatu general secretary Zwelinzima Vavi concluded that Madlala-Routledge was fired for her outspoken views on the HIV/Aids issue.

'“In the absence of any other convincing explanation, we then conclude that she was fired because of her views on HIV/Aids, which were not shared by the president and Minister Manto Tshabalala-Msimang. It is very sad because this means the sheep mentality of following the leader will persist. It will deepen the culture of sycophancy among government ministers and officials."'
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

6000 is an unknown quantity at this point

While you guys were pontificating and guessing, quoting COSATU's (incorrect) soundbites and the like and saying that Nozizwe was a member of the ANC (she's actually a member of the SACP), the lady herself was speaking on local radio - I can tell you this because I'm here in Cape Town.

She says she was sacked for "her unannounced visit to East London's Frere Hospital and her unauthorised trip to Madrid."

Truth is, everyone knows that Mbeki was looking for an excuse to get rid of her - silly girl for giving it him on a plate, with a doily and some nice biscuits.

I think that Nozizwe's sheer naivety must be on a par with Manto's incompetence and Thabo's pig-headedness.
They're all as bad as each other - which is what we've been saying about the UK politicians for years now! Yay for progress!

Last edited by 6000; Aug 10th 2007 at 9:49 am.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

While you guys were pontificating and guessing, quoting COSATU's (incorrect) soundbites and the like and saying that Nozizwe was a member of the ANC (she's actually a member of the SACP), the lady herself was speaking on local radio - I can tell you this because I'm here in Cape Town.

She says she was sacked for "her unannounced visit to East London's Frere Hospital and her unauthorised trip to Madrid."

Truth is, everyone knows that Mbeki was looking for an excuse to get rid of her - silly girl for giving it him on a plate, with a doily and some nice biscuits.

I think that Nozizwe's sheer naivety must be on a par with Manto's incompetence and Thabo's pig-headedness.
They're all as bad as each other - which is what we've been saying about the UK politicians for years now! Yay for progress!
...Which is what the link I attached to my earlier message explains. I guess you just didn't notice that.

Your constant attempts to suggest that it's just as bad in the UK just don't wash.

Pablo
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

6000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pablo
...Which is what the link I attached to my earlier message explains. I guess you just didn't notice that.

Your constant attempts to suggest that it's just as bad in the UK just don't wash.

Pablo
This sort of event isn't anywhere close to being unique to South Africa.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

This sort of event isn't anywhere close to being unique to South Africa.
See, there you go again, the apologist speaks. If the hated Nats had presided over this disgraceful denialist holocaust there would have been an international outcry of such mammoth proportions that it would have brought down the government. But because the "liberated" government of South Africa is presiding over this mess, no one outside Aids activist circles bats an eyelid. And you sit there trying to make out that it's just as bad everywhere else.

To try and dress this up as a tiny internal political squabble of the kind that happens anywhere is to miss the whole point - deliberately and dishonestly, in your case. This has everything to do with Mbeki's continuing DENIALISM. And you sit there and made excuses for him. It makes me sick.

Pablo
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:05 am

The two words 'clutch' and 'straws' come to mind...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.