Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

HELP! urgently need help finding our police clearance checks!

HELP! urgently need help finding our police clearance checks!

Old May 6th 2005, 6:05 am
CyndsandChris

Exclamation HELP! urgently need help finding our police clearance checks!

HI

Do you know of any companies that can get the Criminal Record Checks done in less than 28 days???

I sent mine in to South Africa fromthe UK by courier - it was handed in on the 18th April and it is not even on the system yet!!! I am livid! The guy i spoke to said that it might be on the system next week!

I am currently on hold to his supervisor (Hahaha!)

Please this is urgent as our visa application deadline is in a month and a halfs time!!!

Cyndi

Old May 6th 2005, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of
Default Re: HELP! urgently need help finding our police clearance checks!

Originally Posted by CyndsandChris
HI

Do you know of any companies that can get the Criminal Record Checks done in less than 28 days???

I sent mine in to South Africa fromthe UK by courier - it was handed in on the 18th April and it is not even on the system yet!!! I am livid! The guy i spoke to said that it might be on the system next week!

I am currently on hold to his supervisor (Hahaha!)

Please this is urgent as our visa application deadline is in a month and a halfs time!!!

Cyndi
Sorry I'm a bit unclear about your request. Are you a SA citizen or ex-resident wanting to get your criminal check from SA? I might be able to help if that's the case.
Old May 6th 2005, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

If you are wanting SAPS clearance then you will get them in 28 working days or less. It used to be 10 days until they put in a new system. I think I was told they connect to interpol to check outside RSA. The fastest way is to go to the Pretoria headquarters and or phone.
Try
http://www.qnomore.co.za/
It is not part of their advertised service. There are a few other places who could help.
Just search for licence passport queue etc
Old May 6th 2005, 1:16 pm
CyndsandChris

Exclamation Re: HELP! urgently need help finding our police clearance checks!

Originally Posted by G'Day
Sorry I'm a bit unclear about your request. Are you a SA citizen or ex-resident wanting to get your criminal check from SA? I might be able to help if that's the case.
Sorry that was typed under major stress this morning! I am a SAer living in the UK and am trying to move to NZ and need the Police clearance check done for their immigration!

If you can help it would be wonderful!
Cynds

Old May 6th 2005, 11:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry that was typed under major stress this morning! I am a SAer living in the UK and am trying to move to NZ and need the Police clearance check done for their immigration!
Have you thought of talking to NZIS to see if you can apply now and send the SA police check later? This can hardly be an uncommon problem - many people have lived in countries where it can take ages to get police checks (or be impossible to do so).

Jeremy
Old May 7th 2005, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

If you can help it would be wonderful!
Cynds
Sorry Darling, I just tried their phone number and it seems they have moved! What I did was contact an immigration agent and explain my problem to them. They always seem to know someone who knows someone. This woman did and gave me her contacts' details. The contact got me my clearance within 8 days. I didn't use the agent, but was willing to pay for this service, it cost me R200 two years ago, but was worth it.

Otherwise, just ask for more time. This really does happen all the time and they always give and extension if you just ask.
Old May 7th 2005, 6:40 am
CyndsandChris

Red face Re: HELP! urgently need help finding our police clearance checks!

Originally Posted by G'Day
Otherwise, just ask for more time. This really does happen all the time and they always give and extension if you just ask.
Thanks guys! I will go down that route if need be... I may have made some progress yesterday when I decided to do things the British way...and go straight to the supervisor... I know have enough names and direct numbers to keep me busy ALL day on monday - which it will probably take!

If all else fails i could just go to SA commit some minor crime and ask for a copy of my police record!!

Will keep u up to date and thanks again for your advice!
Cynds

Old May 7th 2005, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

I think the Africa way would be quicker. Just bribe somebody!
Even commiting a crime will take forever to get results!
We went through similar misery as ours were expiring and we were asked for new ones that had to get there before the visa was issued!

Good luck
Old May 15th 2005, 7:49 am
CyndsandChris

Talking Re: HELP! urgently need help finding our police clearance checks!

Originally Posted by sa2oz
I think the Africa way would be quicker. Just bribe somebody!
Even commiting a crime will take forever to get results!
We went through similar misery as ours were expiring and we were asked for new ones that had to get there before the visa was issued!

Good luck
Right here is an update for y'all!

I have finally had success - after sending in the aplication on the 14 April and them not even putting it on the system until last monday 9 May they are going to be picked up tomorrow by the courier and should land in the UK on Tuesday!

If you need it done too try phoning this number 0123933907 and asking to speak to Mrs Ellis, as I got more help from her than any one else! I also suggest phoning constantly from 6:30 AM (uk time) until you get to talk to someone and don't phone on a friday afternoon!

good luck!

Cynds

PS for birth certificates in 15 days try www.bunnyhop.co.za