grass is not greener

Old May 15th 2012, 6:37 pm
Banned

LA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really nice
Default grass is not greener

Left JHB for the ususal reasons in september for the UK. What a mistake. It sucks 100% here. Miserable, depressing, boring, dirty and a country that is in mass deterioration. Looking at moving back to SA or on to Oz.
Old May 15th 2012, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

cosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to all
Default Re: grass is not greener

Originally Posted by LA2JHB
Left JHB for the ususal reasons in september for the UK. What a mistake. It sucks 100% here. Miserable, depressing, boring, dirty and a country that is in mass deterioration. Looking at moving back to SA or on to Oz.
Well....at least now you know!
Old May 15th 2012, 10:41 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes, Joburg is Utopia. HCR has arrived here once again.
Old May 16th 2012, 8:46 am
Banned

LA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really nice

Tegwyn, please try and actually read before posting. I didnt say Jo'burg was utopia. I just said the uk was awful. Where are you from? Kuruman? Typical ex SA trying to justify why you left and criticising everything in SA. Nothing a black government ever did would be right would it?!
Old May 16th 2012, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with it. When are you leaving?
Old May 16th 2012, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

rosario will become famous soon enough

Maybe you have to move to another part of the UK. The weather has been horrible recently but thats why everything is green!
Old May 16th 2012, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

oops sorry I see you are already making plans.
Old May 16th 2012, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Shropshire, Rosario, is delightful, so long as you're not expecting the equivalent of Bondi Beach. Ludlow, for example, is a particular joy.

Similarly, there are parts of London that are buzzy, happening, full of arts and culture including high culture, but are expensive and noisy with it.

There are gardens, stately homes, long country walks, world-class museums, theatres and concerts, and the diversity of European culture almost on your doorstep.

Different things seem to suit different people - unsurprisingly. Most South Africans seem pretty uninterested in high culture. So those aspects of the UK tend not to appeal to them.
Old May 16th 2012, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pablo
Shropshire, Rosario, is delightful, so long as you're not expecting the equivalent of Bondi Beach. Ludlow, for example, is a particular joy.

Similarly, there are parts of London that are buzzy, happening, full of arts and culture including high culture, but are expensive and noisy with it.

There are gardens, stately homes, long country walks, world-class museums, theatres and concerts, and the diversity of European culture almost on your doorstep.

Different things seem to suit different people - unsurprisingly. Most South Africans seem pretty uninterested in high culture. So those aspects of the UK tend not to appeal to them.
Yes there is always a lot going on around here. Music Festival ( etc) Choirs and concerts and lots of art also, You could be out every day and evening at something. The weather is depressing though hardly ever sit out of an evening. If you are a woman and into craft lots of classes and groups.
Husband is miserable though misses the sun and sport although he watches everything !!! on tv. Not into gardening either although we have large garden so that is a problem and no garden 'boy'. I am happy at home as when we lived abroad and in some iffy places I was not able to get out and about easily. First thing I always did when returning home from our various adventures abroad was to go on bus into town and have tea and cake (simple pleasures). I am off to London soon for WI conference(as delegate) at Albert Hall and then to Battersea Park on June 3rd to see the Queens flotilla. We have had a complete reversal of roles since retiring, as previously my hubby was the one on committees etc. Thats marriege eh!
Old May 16th 2012, 12:38 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Tegwyn, please try and actually read before posting. I didnt say Jo'burg was utopia. I just said the uk was awful. Where are you from? Kuruman? Typical ex SA trying to justify why you left and criticising everything in SA. Nothing a black government ever did would be right would it?!
Yeah yeah yeah, that is it? A boohoo ex-SA because we know the difference. Guess you can't read either as you would had your facts straight before beating a stale old drum. I however do not expect much else from the HCR brigade.