Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

giving birth in south africa

giving birth in south africa

Old Sep 20th 2013, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

pinkshell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default giving birth in south africa

Please can somebody help me im getting mixed messages from everyone!
I have lived in s.a for 12 months now with my partner. We are both british and have been on tourist visas and have extended them twice now as my partner is setting up a business and I dont work.
So heres the question...I am 22 weeks pregnant and am wondering am I able to give birth in s.a on a tourist visa?
I am in the uk at the moment on holiday and will be going back in 3 weeks.
How do I register the baby and also if we do get a working visa in process I will have to go on my partners visa is this ok to be in process?
Please somebody help me I cant stress anymore!
Old Sep 27th 2013, 10:59 am
Sueffun

sueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nice
Default Re: giving birth in south africa

I don't see why you couldn't give birth in SA, you will only be 25 weeks pregnant when you come back. Do you have medical aid so you could go to a private hospital rather than a government one. You would register the birth at home affairs and also with the British embassy. Shouldn't be a problem, they can't kick you out if you are legitimately here, especially if you are in labour. Stop stressing and good luck with the baby