Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

ESKOM HALTS DEVELOPMENT

ESKOM HALTS DEVELOPMENT

Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:01 pm
Member Delux

Juggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant future
Default Re: ESKOM HALTS DEVELOPMENT

What ! you're not digging a moat around your premises ?? Thats madness !! Besides being all the rage in Sandton, the trendy landmines between your inner and outer fence wont even consume an iota of energy !

Ya theres a huge debate at the moment on whether or not theres a syndicate operating from the airport targeting travellers for their luggage and laptops. ACSA and the SAPS says that theres 13 Million travellers going through the airport each year and theres no proof of a syndicate . Even though there were about 400 cases reported of travellers being robbed in front of their gates after coming from ORTIA between Jan 2007 and Jan 2008.
I would prefer they say there could be a syndicate and we have a task team on it. Instead they're going with ...deny, deny, deny !
Old Mar 20th 2008, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Moat?? Naah had to fill it in, The fish were catching people, and the Wildlife conservation complained about the piranhas and the crocs, which is why there was a special on at carnivores.
landmines only work when people dont know about them and the Illegal immigrants kept on stealing them, sigh!!
What can you do??
emigrate!
Always amuses me when people in the new country think you are telling fibs ,
Chatting to a couple of the Irish version of the SAP and Traffic,asked where there is a skidpan as Ireland seem to have wet roads often.
Nope!! not one. got into a discussion on driver training, nope, nada.
The Garda do a 3 day Course and that is it for 3 years.
Try and explain that you,the wife, all your friends have done advanced driver training,anti-hijack and skidpan courses as they all brought down your insurance premiums as well as saving lives, and they sort of look sceptical.
Wonder what they would think if I told them wife is well able to handle,strip, reassemble and hit the main part of the shooting range target 90% of the time. she did'nt enjoy it, but after the first burglary which we slept through, she wanted to know how.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Juggernaut,this is the comparison table I was talking about and if the mods will allow, as it's not news but a calculus

http://fx.sauder.ubc.ca/cgi/fxplot?b...g&a=log&m=0&x=
(Kindly Copy and Paste)

This gives the ZAR a 7% devaluation over a 12 year period.
Yes, the ZAR may never recover from it's current woes, but I believe in swings and roundabouts.
Thank you, God.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:48 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
DaxK I'm all for comparing apples with apples.

Natural level ...Devaluation..cmon, dazzling us with all that gobbledy gook ! If you leave Ireland today for SA (of course not permanantly !!) with E1000 in your pocket landing in ORT Int @ R12.4 to the Euro you will get around R12400 and vise versa of course. (Dont get robbed on your way to your primary house)

So using your own example youre paying E1443 in summer and E1880 in winter.

I curently reside in a four bedroom house 3 bathrooms 365 Sqm in the north of Jozi .My electricity bill winter or summer (Three persons) is never more than R1000 .Your tenants R1850 bill is quite steep must be all those bathrooms.

A friend living just outside Belfast, Nothern Ire. Four bedrooms, 1 bathroom 230 Sqm Duplex unit - Ave central heating: 95 Pounds/m - Ave Elec. 33 pounds/m
Exchange rate-- 1pound -15.9ZAR He pays with the lowly rand - R2043

How u like them apples ?
Swimming pool not taken into account perhaps ?

If not , maybe they just shower more
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:05 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
What ! you're not digging a moat around your premises ?? Thats madness !! Besides being all the rage in Sandton, the trendy landmines between your inner and outer fence wont even consume an iota of energy !

Ya theres a huge debate at the moment on whether or not theres a syndicate operating from the airport targeting travellers for their luggage and laptops. ACSA and the SAPS says that theres 13 Million travellers going through the airport each year and theres no proof of a syndicate . Even though there were about 400 cases reported of travellers being robbed in front of their gates after coming from ORTIA between Jan 2007 and Jan 2008.
I would prefer they say there could be a syndicate and we have a task team on it. Instead they're going with ...deny, deny, deny !
I had a lot of dealings with SAA and ACSA

The amount of times SAA caught staff blatantly stealing

In many cases they couldn’t fire the staff, even with proof.

I was involved with security at the Bellview sorting office in the 90s. There were cases of blatant theft from the mail sorting bins, this was recorded on CCTV and the unions would argue the situation into such ridiculous situations the thieves were actually protected and became so cocky about their activities.

Of course these attitudes spread to the higher level crimes that involve murder & violence.

If there is not a “syndicate” operating in OR Tambo how is the info of traveller’s luggage relayed to the gangs / thugs operation outside the airport.

Maybe we westerners really don’t understand the power of these sangomas (witchdoctors )

Can you just get them some muti for Eishkom