Reload this Page >

Elections looming large

Elections looming large

Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Elections looming large

Originally Posted by Pablo
And thus, according to Stanley, the pig is innocent. Well I shall leave Stanley to his opinion on that.
No Pabs, I'm questioning you, and to be honest I'm not getting any answers. It seems to be your answers are high on emotion and low on fact. He is a rapist, why? because I say so. He is corrupt, why? because I say so. I have a survey, is it any good? yes, why? because I say so?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ededed
This is absolutely the view from the chattering classes in SA - I haven't heard a single alternative whisper to this from any step on Johannesburgian society's long and rickety social ladder.
Have you really been listening ed?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

pabs you have a way of cutting through the stanley-double-speak-crap...and why he continues to keep winking away at everyone is anyone's guess

Originally Posted by Pablo
Quite, Tegwyn. Stanley seems to possess a petty Pharisaical legalism that only springs into action when there is an African despot or kleptocrat to defend.

I would be tempted to say he is congenitally unable ever to see the bigger picture, except for the fact that he clearly saw the bigger picture when he voted with his feet and fled South Africa for Australia.

Let us not lose sight of what Stanley is defending.

He is defending a fat thick sexist gerontocrat with multiple wives and various "official girlfriends", who still found it necessary to engage in unprotected sex with a vulnerable young woman he knew to be hiv positive, a friend of the family who was a guest in his own home. She subsequently claimed he had raped her, and has been forced to leave South Africa in fear for her life and is now living in exile in Holland, having suffered a nervous breakdown. During the trial, mobs of wild Zuma supporters gathered each day outside the court, brandishing lurid placards, including "Kill the bitch".

This same man has spent the past years ducking and diving and wriggling and sliding in order to avoid answering the myriad corruption allegations raised against him, while at the same time declaring how he really, really wanted his day in court to defend himself.

When it became clear Zuma was going to be elected president, the craven bureaucrats over whom he now presides thought it was expedient to decide, on an absurd cooked-up technicality, that the charges should be dropped.

And thus, according to Stanley, the pig is innocent. Well I shall leave Stanley to his opinion on that.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 6:13 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stanley10
Have you really been listening ed?
No, I made it all up just to win an argument with you Stan. Now, where's Olly? He dropped my piano down some stairs.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Thought so, "Johannesburgian society" indeed.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:07 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

I think Zuma falls under the rape statistic that South Africa proudly shows. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8107039.stm Sick males, sick mentality in justifying, manipulating and scheming to justify their vile actions.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 11:42 am
Member Delux

Juggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant future

Tegwyn ... Why do you assume we "proudly" show it. You might be proud of that stats , I'm not.
While its an obvious disgrace, I'd rather we deal with it. Twisted attitudes toward women particularly can and have to be changed over time. With some focus its not a losing battle.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:23 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stanley10
Thought so, "Johannesburgian society" indeed.
It's like Sydnian society - just with less perma-tanned, bleach haired, tinny-crushing "whenwes"....
Old Jun 19th 2009, 5:57 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
Tegwyn ... Why do you assume we "proudly" show it. You might be proud of that stats , I'm not.
While its an obvious disgrace, I'd rather we deal with it. Twisted attitudes toward women particularly can and have to be changed over time. With some focus its not a losing battle.
I gather you don't get the sarcasm. No, the stats are beyond disgusting and shows just how basic human standards are degenerating. South Africa even has a President that shows just that. I think he is slime and representative of just how far down the sewer the country is sliding. Viva Azania!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Juggernaut,how CAN you change attitudes when the peer group evince the attitudes they do towards women?

How do you expect to change Sipho in Sibaya's attitude about might is right when Zuma may not have been found guilty of Rape but his comments about the young woman in the trial certainly showed extreme disrespect for a womans rights to say no.

Malema and Co have been equally disparaging.

Rape has become seen to be a Black mans right in South Africa according to both the MRC Survey as well as the Victim impact Study done by the ISS
which are two separate surveys done in two different areas with similar Demographic groups and both show the same attitude.

Do you think the Govt should hand out some leaflets or maybe post a few ads on TV?
Its not a case of focus, its a case of selective blindness..

Last edited by Daxk; Jun 19th 2009 at 6:38 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 2:22 pm
Member Delux

Juggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant future

Daxk, we cant subscribe to that defeatist attitude.

I'm not getting into Zumas guilt or innocence thats been done to death.

When I say focus I believe that heinous crimes like rape for instance should have a priority placed on them from the time the incident occurs all the way up the chain.
Criminals perpetrate crimes simply because they believe they can get away with it .So every aspect of these cases should be placed under a spotlight for instance evidence collection, DNA, fingerprints etc should be expedited. To maximise the chances of a conviction .
Then suspects should be tried without delay and when found guilty given the harshest possible sentence.

At the same time erase these deviant attitudes before they manifest themselves. Break the cycle in early childhood development .At a primary school level and at home we should ingrain it in the fertile minds of young Sipho, John, Pieter that certain behavior towards young Prudence ,Rose , Annemarie is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.

My approach is possible utopian and maybe too simplistic. You could also argue that there need to be political will for this to work etc. Its a slow process but I see attitudes changing in S.A daily on a variety of subjects ,race not being the least of them. Why would this be so insurmountable ?
Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:08 am
Nuts and Bolts

Criminals perpetrate crimes simply because they believe they can get away with it .
Ah, nail banged on the head. Law enforcement in SA is shot to hell and turning it around is going to be a monumental task which quite frankly I do not see happening. I see a society loaded with sociopaths that will only be too happy to exchange ideas with their comrades and gleefully pass down their skills to junior. A mentality that is damned near impossible to break. SA does not have enough jails to house these criminals and when they do toss them out - they are usually more dangerous than when they went in. All those lovely new skills are put to the test on the community. The rot has set in and is spreading like wildfire.