Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Cape town voted a top destination by travel guide!

Cape town voted a top destination by travel guide!

Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

6000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cape town voted a top destination by travel guide!

Originally Posted by Pablo
Your little syllogism is false. It doesn't follow that the press coverage is disproportionate because 'on any given day, there are hundreds of thousands of others' who don't have a crime committed against them.

It's like saying that the coverage of the moon landing was disproportionate because not everyone landed on the moon.

Pablo
Your opinion.
And I guess opinion is what every forum thread in the world is about.
Equally, your little lunar example doesn't mean that press coverage isn't disproportionate.

It has clouded over a little here, but it's still bright and dry.
Slightly concerned as to the effects of last night's pizza on my stomach - who mentioned food poisoning on here again?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:18 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by 6000
Your opinion.
Equally, your little lunar example doesn't mean that press coverage isn't disproportionate.

It has clouded over a little here, but it's still bright and dry.
Slightly concerned as to the effects of last night's pizza on my stomach - who mentioned food poisoning on here again?
I don't know where you're getting your disproportionate coverage bit from, seeing that the media covers but a handful of cases if that per day, when thousands more are committed, and the vast majority of South Africans have said so more than once over the years.

I guess they should stop all coverage of the crime. Out of sight, out of mind?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Your opinion.
No, a faulty syllogism is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of fact.

Pablo
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:20 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Here ya go Mitzy

Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point

What kind of pizza was it?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Stanley10
The same one Louis Luyt served to the AB during the RWC?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stanley10
Debonaire's Mexican Beef.
I'm strangely reminded of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire". Although there is a little more to it than that.

TT - don't joke - three of the last four rugby teams to visit SA have mysteriously gone down with dodgy tummies in the week before the match.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm strangely reminded of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire". Although there is a little more to it than that.
Are you doing handstands in the shower?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:38 am
Account Closed

TT - don't joke - three of the last four rugby teams to visit SA have mysteriously gone down with dodgy tummies in the week before the match.
I suggest they bring their own food and chefs
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:54 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap

Ahhhhhhhh ... thank you
You get my drift though .... hopefully
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Ahhhhhhhh ... thank you
You get my drift though .... hopefully
You're so transparent
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:21 pm
NTS
NTS

NTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
I suggest they bring their own food and chefs
Maybe we can also bring our rugby team

Good luck to the South Africa tomorrow. Must be a good atmosphere for the many Boks now living in Oz.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NTS
Maybe we can also bring our rugby team

Good luck to the South Africa tomorrow. Must be a good atmosphere for the many Boks now living in Oz.
Dan Vickerman and Clyde Rathbone, you mean?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 1:05 pm
NTS
NTS

NTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant future

Dan Vickerman and Clyde Rathbone, you mean?
Yes, They will be watching with their home-made Billtong (which isnt as good as here becasue of the humidity, despite the en-suite drying room with built in dehumidifyer they have built)
Old Jul 6th 2007, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NTS
Yes, They will be watching with their home-made Billtong (which isnt as good as here becasue of the humidity, despite the en-suite drying room with built in dehumidifyer they have built)
No biltong is as good as there, as you can't find kudu biltong elsewhere!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.