Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Cape Town Tips - holiday

Cape Town Tips - holiday

Old Apr 22nd 2014, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cape Town Tips - holiday

And no giraffes on the runway :-)
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Shark cage diving was fab too
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dur dum Dur dum
Attached Thumbnails Cape Town Tips - holiday-image.jpg  
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 4:32 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Having an absolutely awesome time- would move here in a heartbeat - thanks for all the help guys :-)
You're very welcome - glad you are enjoying it! How's the wine? Need any tips?
Old Apr 29th 2014, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sadly back in the sandpit, had an absolutely incredible holiday- fell in love with South Africa- would be back in a heart beat- any jobs for lingerie designers anywhere?
Old Apr 29th 2014, 10:09 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly back in the sandpit, had an absolutely incredible holiday- fell in love with South Africa- would be back in a heart beat- any jobs for lingerie designers anywhere?
You saw the size of some of our chicks, right? Especially the cops
Old Apr 29th 2014, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Kitty. What did you think of Cape Town, where did you stay and for how long? It's a place we are seriously thinking of retiring to but I believe that the Immigration Dept is very strict on who they let in and insist on massive amounts of savings.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by mentalist
Hello Kitty. What did you think of Cape Town, where did you stay and for how long? It's a place we are seriously thinking of retiring to but I believe that the Immigration Dept is very strict on who they let in and insist on massive amounts of savings.
They are - check out the Africa forum and you will find someone who should be able to confirm the rules for you.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mentalist, I had a total of 4 nights in Cape Town- I stayed at the Queen Victoria hotel which is a 5 * so not super cheap, the rooms were beautiful though and the service was absolutely fantastic. I then went out to Kruger Park with the fluffies and then down to Hermanus for a friends wedding.

I absolutely loved it there, I also travelled along the coastline to hermanus which is a beautiful coastal drive which I imagine would be more affordable and slightly slower lifestyle, I would move there in a heartbeat.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed
They are - check out the Africa forum and you will find someone who should be able to confirm the rules for you.
Thanks but I did try searching but without success. I vaguely recall reading somewhere that a retiree would need 6 million Rand in savings, which sadly we don't have. Might be easier to retire to Middle France instead.