Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Application for permanent residency in South Africa

Application for permanent residency in South Africa

Old Oct 22nd 2018, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

IrmaB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application for permanent residency in South Africa

Please can you help me with some advise?

My friend is presently in South Africa on a volunteers visa. She is from the UK and is doing amazing work helping abused and abandoned children.

Her father, also from the UK, is busy applying for permanent residency for South Africa.
He is presently in the UK.

So once he has his permanent residency then my friend (his daughter) would like to apply for a relative's permanent residency visa to stay in South Africa.

The problem is that it sounds like she has to go back to the UK in order to apply for South African residency. This will mean her having to stop all the good work she is doing in SA and wait in the UK for around a year for her application to be processed.
This will mean that she will have to start all over again when she goes back to SA.

Is there any way that once her father has his South African permanent residency that she can stay in South Africa and apply from there for her relative's permanent residency?
She will keep her volunteers visa up to date.

Any advise will be welcome.