Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Africas not for sissies!

Africas not for sissies!

Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Africas not for sissies!

Not fair- I can't see that chick.

ho-hum, like father like son.

Originally Posted by TIGGERRAF
Attached somewhere a few reasons why I stay.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

TIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really nice

Originally Posted by Daxk
Very Pretty!! looks almost like Ireland.
I awoke this morning dreaming that a moistened bint with large breasts and a fishtail was calling me from downstairs. After five minutes of trying to block out the noise I gave up. Bleary-eyed I stumbled downstairs towards the Sirens call . Disappointed to find it was only our cat, kindly informing me she had caught one of our Guinea Fowl chicks, disembowel it but kindly left me some good bits. It was then too late I was on the computer again!
I thought you might like some more pictures... our last tour of Ireland we were fortunate enough to visit Belfast zoo!
And for shiftdelet here are some chicks we came across just outside Dublin!
Attached Thumbnails Africas not for sissies!-trip-belfast-zoo-.jpg   Africas not for sissies!-irish-chicks-outside-dublin.jpg  
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Strange!! the three ladies returning from Shopping in Dublin look just like Ovahimbo from Namibia, Just shows how easy Travel has become.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not a bad way to wake up in the morning, shame about the reality. The sailors of old used beeswax in the ears, or lashed themselves to the mast to avoid temptation.
(loved the pictures of Ireland, I would never have guessed)
Old Nov 28th 2008, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

TIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really nice

Strange!! the three ladies returning from Shopping in Dublin look just like Ovahimbo from Namibia, Just shows how easy Travel has become.
Spot on, and there lies another story. I could never describe the joy and thrill of our experiences of the many safaris. I have probably given the impression of being irresponsible or stupid in my attitude. But nothing compares with our many trips of taking a 25-year-old Land Rover 8000 km with no backup [and obviously no friends because there are none left]. But once again we survived ,and have a bag full of memories that can never be replaced.

Elephants breaking down the trees next to your camp, waking up in the middle of the night to a hippopotamus grazing outside the tent.

Lying awake on the Angolan border listening to the drumming which goes on the whole night and finally awaking to what seemed like entire African population of Cockrels in one place.

Or just watching an African dawn or sunset is worth all the moments of doubt.
Attached Thumbnails Africas not for sissies!-elephant-taking-dislike-land-rover.jpg   Africas not for sissies!-land-rover-moments-thousand-kilometers-home.jpg   Africas not for sissies!-african-sunset.jpg  
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes,I can understand that.
http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...Landy_love.jpg

[/IMG]
http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...urrent=002.jpg
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

I was'nt being Facetious, Ireland has some suprising places and the atlantic will always be too cold for me.

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...yConnemara.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/groups/sun/discuss/107013.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

looking at those photos I'd say you are on the money- you know the risks, you take them- good on you..

Originally Posted by TIGGERRAF
Spot on, and there lies another story. I could never describe the joy and thrill of our experiences of the many safaris. I have probably given the impression of being irresponsible or stupid in my attitude. But nothing compares with our many trips of taking a 25-year-old Land Rover 8000 km with no backup [and obviously no friends because there are none left]. But once again we survived ,and have a bag full of memories that can never be replaced.

Elephants breaking down the trees next to your camp, waking up in the middle of the night to a hippopotamus grazing outside the tent.

Lying awake on the Angolan border listening to the drumming which goes on the whole night and finally awaking to what seemed like entire African population of Cockrels in one place.

Or just watching an African dawn or sunset is worth all the moments of doubt.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

I was'nt being Facetious, Ireland has some suprising places and the atlantic will always be too cold for me.

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...yConnemara.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/groups/sun/discuss/107013.
Ireland has some beautiful places, and wonderful light too. Thanks Daxk.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

MidnightSpecial is on a distinguished road

Right, i'm off down the pub, on the beach
Old Nov 28th 2008, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tigger,did you rebuild your s3 Landy?
As you see from the attached pics I took mine all over bits of africa too,loved that landy.
thinking of rebuilding another one here as the next project
Old Nov 28th 2008, 5:17 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidnightSpecial
Right, i'm off down the pub, on the beach
You can go off people quickly you know! Bstrd!

Although you have given me an idea - I'm going to recreate that British sea-side experience by my pool tonight. All I need is some overpriced beer, rain, a swarm of chavs drinking diamond light and a dog crapping right next to me while I gaze on polluted, cold, condom-filled brown water. Ah, memories...
Old Nov 28th 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ededed
You can go off people quickly you know! Bstrd!

Although you have given me an idea - I'm going to recreate that British sea-side experience by my pool tonight. All I need is some overpriced beer, rain, a swarm of chavs drinking diamond light and a dog crapping right next to me while I gaze on polluted, cold, condom-filled brown water. Ah, memories...
wow! ededed, when did you move to Cape Town??
Old Nov 29th 2008, 2:54 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

wow! ededed, when did you move to Cape Town??
Cape Town, Bognor, Rio....where there is a beach, there is a chav drinking shite cider.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed
Cape Town, Bognor, Rio....where there is a beach, there is a chav drinking shite cider.
Chavs rule the world now. It's the New Order.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.