Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Africas not for sissies!

Africas not for sissies!

Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Africas not for sissies!

he, he- wooosh..straight over our heads

Originally Posted by Daxk
Dont Forget the Claymores,the wires have copper centres which have high scrap values.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

TIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really nice

Dont Forget the Claymores,the wires have copper centres which have high scrap values.
I did start putting up a diy electric fence ...my poor bloody cat copped it ,wife told me to take it down.With age my memory is not what it was ,claymores would be not be good ....man dies while mowing his the lawn headlines.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

TIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really nice

Originally Posted by TIGGERRAF
I did start putting up a diy electric fence ...my poor bloody cat copped it ,wife told me to take it down.With age my memory is not what it was ,claymores would be not be good ....man dies while mowing his lawn headlines.
sorry slightly Dyslexic plus product of British comprehensive schools
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:54 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

whalewatcher, I guess I should've added, and live and work. My father lives in southern Spain and it is basically "Full" not an inch of coastline free of housing.
I'm afraid that is giving a fairly unreal description of Southern Spain, which is fairly common on forums and usually given by the thousands of Brit Expats that live here and hardly ever travel outside their area of comfort
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

My electric fence solved the fence Urination problem
Old Nov 26th 2008, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'm afraid that is giving a fairly unreal description of Southern Spain, which is fairly common on forums and usually given by the thousands of Brit Expats that live here and hardly ever travel outside their area of comfort
Sorry that was a unqualified statement, somewhat sweeping as I have only experienced two areas Marabella in the 70s and early 80s where my grandfather lived. But my statement was more based where my father lives in Javea which isn't southern Spain. Our last trip we rush out believing he hadn't got long left , only to find him with a new girlfriend and playing tennis five times a week! While I was there I was constantly thinking "could I live here". After traveling one day up the coast to Valencia not finding one beach deserted or unbuilt I decided not. I was comparing it with what I enjoy in South Africa which is traveling short distances to find deserted beaches and mountains. Although I should imagine with another year of the world reading British ex-pat website I should be able to travel to my mall and not see another car! The last white man in Africa!
Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

outwit, outsmart, outplay.

... only to find him with a new girlfriend and playing tennis five times a week!
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Naaah,there's a guy down at LadyGrey who says he's not leaving either and another down at Malmesbury.
I thought that deserted Beaches and lonely walks were what Cape Tourism were warning Tourists to avoid?
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Naaah,there's a guy down at LadyGrey who says he's not leaving either and another down at Malmesbury.
I thought that deserted Beaches and lonely walks were what Cape Tourism were warning Tourists to avoid?

Thank you for the reassurance, the thought of being all alone on the tip of Africa is frightening. As for the beaches, luckily I can still run one and half miles in eight minutes,the wife is a little slower but that is fine. Survival of the fittest I say!

On a serious note, it is only Table Mountain with a problem of note, they have now covered the area with undercover police and observation points. Although my favorite signs are on Long Beach one says "Beware of Muggers" and on the other side "Beware of sharks When Swimming"
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

yes, on a more serious note...makes me think with a lump in my throat of the incident recently in Richards Bay on one of the local beaches- husband and wife stayed on forgetting the others around him who had been fishing nearby had left.

Last words were (to his wife) "Run love, Run" as they were approached by a menacing group.
The wife ran into the sea and got away, the husband was murdered.

I keep thinking about this report.

Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you for the reassurance, the thought of being all alone on the tip of Africa is frightening. As for the beaches, luckily I can still run one and half miles in eight minutes,the wife is a little slower but that is fine. Survival of the fittest I say!

"
If I recall a 9mm Bullet travels at 1440 feet per second.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Tigerraff- it can safely be said you won't have time to reach for your passport

If I recall a 9mm Bullet travels at 1440 feet per second.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
Tigerraff- it can safely be said you won't have time to reach for your passport
what if I shout in a loud commanding voice "you can't do that I am British"?
Attached somewhere a few reasons why I stay.

Africas not for sissies!-weekend-away-paradise.jpg

Africas not for sissies!-tankwa-flowers-bush-camp.jpg

Africas not for sissies!-could-any-place-but-note-lack-germans.jpg
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Very Pretty!! looks almost like Ireland.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:15 am
Account Closed

whalewatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Although I should imagine with another year of the world reading British ex-pat website I should be able to travel to my mall and not see another car! The last white man in Africa!
How are your isiXhosa lessons coming along? You might need a bit of the lingo to persaude all those car-free natives not to throw rocks at yours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.