Wondering!?

Old May 20th 2017, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

albertfleming is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wondering!?

What is the average age of finishing ACCA/CA/CPA/CIMA studies and start out in a practical working experience in different countries?
Old May 20th 2017, 1:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wondering!?

Welcome to BE.

You might need to be a bit more specific - are you asking for you, if so which of those do you come under and which countries are you looking at?
Old May 25th 2017, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Oh OK, Thank you. I was asking about myself. I am partially qualified ACCA but left it for some reasons. Now I wonder if I get back would it be worthwhile to continue? Considering I don't have much experience in accounts field as expect from such an age.

Last edited by albertfleming; May 25th 2017 at 10:55 am. Reason: where are my manners? I should thank people often.
Old May 25th 2017, 11:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by albertfleming
Oh OK, Thank you. I was asking about myself. I am partially qualified ACCA but left it for some reasons. Now I wonder if I get back would it be worthwhile to continue? Considering I don't have much experience in accounts field as expect from such an age.
I know two people who have recently CIMA qualified, both are in their forties - they obviously consider it worthwhile.

But really it will depend on your situation, and the country you're aiming for I guess. Where are you hoping to move to? I'd suggest you ask in the relevant country forum and hopefully some financial peeps will be able to advise you.

Good luck.
Old May 27th 2017, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I know two people who have recently CIMA qualified, both are in their forties - they obviously consider it worthwhile.

But really it will depend on your situation, and the country you're aiming for I guess. Where are you hoping to move to? I'd suggest you ask in the relevant country forum and hopefully some financial peeps will be able to advise you.

Good luck.
OK i will try asking in Canada, UK, and Ireland section, if there is. Can you tell me how much experience they had in the field when they completed their CIMA? Or they were fresh in the field with irrelevant experience?

Last edited by albertfleming; May 27th 2017 at 12:26 pm.
Old May 27th 2017, 12:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by albertfleming
OK i will try asking in Canada, UK, and Ireland section, if there is. Can you tell me how much experience they had in the field when they completed their CIMA? Or they were fresh in the field with irrelevant experience?
I don't think CIMA is recognised in Canada, but a quick search of the Canada forum will bring up relevant threads with info.

One had worked in finance related jobs for the past 20 years, the other hadn't ever worked in finance (she was a housewife/mother). It's actually a husband and wife, good friends of mine, he did it first over several years whilst working full-time and then she got so interested in it all she started doing it too!