Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Victoria Skilled Sponsorship Application Confirmation

Victoria Skilled Sponsorship Application Confirmation

Old Mar 7th 2011, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

jazzy76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Victoria Skilled Sponsorship Application Confirmation

I applied on line on the 14th Feb for Skilled Sponsorship under the profession of Accountant. I did not get a confirmation on screen to say that my application has been received and neither an email to date.

I've emailed them twice and tried calling them on the number on the website but that goes through to an automated voice message.

I would like to know if they have received my completed application or a system glitch has prevented the application from going through.

Any advice?
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

UStoAUS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Victoria Skilled Sponsorship Application Confirmation

Originally Posted by jazzy76
I applied on line on the 14th Feb for Skilled Sponsorship under the profession of Accountant. I did not get a confirmation on screen to say that my application has been received and neither an email to date.

I've emailed them twice and tried calling them on the number on the website but that goes through to an automated voice message.

I would like to know if they have received my completed application or a system glitch has prevented the application from going through.

Any advice?
I also applied for the Victoria State Skilled Sponsorship in the Accountant (General) Category on 26th February from the US but yet to hear from them about even a confirmation. It hasn't been two weeks yet in my case so I will wait a little before contacting them. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Good luck if you do try and contact them. They don't answer the phone - automated message saying they'll respond to emails within 5 days. I've sent 2 emails well over 5 days ago and no response.

I'll just be patient, no choice. My worst fear is that eventually I'll get through to them only to hear they haven't received my application!

I've also gone for the Accountant (General) category. Applied from the UK.

Good Luck to you!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Good luck if you do try and contact them. They don't answer the phone - automated message saying they'll respond to emails within 5 days. I've sent 2 emails well over 5 days ago and no response.

I'll just be patient, no choice. My worst fear is that eventually I'll get through to them only to hear they haven't received my application!

I've also gone for the Accountant (General) category. Applied from the UK.

Good Luck to you!
I guess my main concern is that if they do take up to 12 weeks to decide and then the result is NEGATIVE it would be a lot of time wasted. I am hoping to get my assessment result for the Accountant (General) over the next couple of weeks. If it's positive then the Victoria State Sponsorship result will be the only thing holding up my application in the 176 Category. I'm so confused if I should wait for their answer up to 12 weeks or just apply in the 175 Category. The processing times are like 18-24 months in the 175 VS 6-8 months in the 176 from what I have heard...
Old Mar 10th 2011, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

They responded to my email today, confirming receipt of the application form and quoting a reference number. Fingers crossed now....

I'm sure they'll contact you soon.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Victoria Skilled Sponsorship Application Confirmation

They responded to my email today, confirming receipt of the application form and quoting a reference number. Fingers crossed now....

So glad to hear that! Wish you all the very best!! I was just going to ask you if you had heard from them yet...Let's hope for the best!! I can't wait to get a confirmation either..!
Old Mar 17th 2011, 3:00 am
Just Joined

Just got my reference number today...Now the waiting begins...Just wondering-Have you completed your skills assessment yet?
Old Mar 17th 2011, 9:33 am
Just Joined

That's great news!

No I haven't done my skills assessment yet. Have you done yours, if so how long did that take?

I would like to see if my application gets approved for state nomination before I go ahead for the skills assessment and language test.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

That's great news!

No I haven't done my skills assessment yet. Have you done yours, if so how long did that take?

I would like to see if my application gets approved for state nomination before I go ahead for the skills assessment and language test.

I completed my IELTS on Jan 22, 2011 (L: 8 R: 7.5 W: 7.5 S: 9) and sent my stuff for assessment to CPA Australia on Feb 8, 2011. I heard back on Mar 8, 2011 saying that I need to complete additional studies to fulfill two core areas (Financial Accounting and Accounting Theory). I guess it's probably because I have a degree in Finance and not Accounting.

Seems like I will have to sign up for some additional classes now...MORE DELAY...I'm afraid I'm going to miss the deadline to file by July 1 now...Will probably have to work with the new point system...Let's see what happens!!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

I got rejected for sponsorship. Although my job is eligible apparently there is not enough demand for my skills set at this point in time! Need to implement Plan B!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

I got rejected for sponsorship. Although my job is eligible apparently there is not enough demand for my skills set at this point in time! Need to implement Plan B!
I got rejected too few days back for the same exact reason...a little disappointed but I guess life moves on....May just apply in the regular 175 category if my assessment is cleared.
Old May 13th 2011, 8:24 am
Just Joined

justin30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

How long did it take for them to get back to you? Seems about 4 weeks judging by your posts? Im still waiting 5 weeks on from receiving the confirmation email...

If you dont mind me asking what job is it that you do in accounts?

J
Old May 13th 2011, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

About 5 weeks is correct. I have a degree in Finance with 5 years experience in various accounting finance positions like Staff Accountant, Tax Consultant, Financial Analyst. My experience included Oil & Gas, Energy and Big4 but it was still not good enough for them...Good luck to you!!
Old May 13th 2011, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

justin30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeez! its not looking good for me then!!