Newly Qualified Accountant

Old Jan 4th 2015, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

chrisuk21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newly Qualified Accountant

Hi,

im going to be ACCA qualified in Feb 2015, so need to think about a new challenge. I am hoping to work overseas if i am lucky enough to get a job, i have a few places in mind, such as Cayman islands, Dubai or Gibraltar.

Has anyone qualified and took the leap and moved abroad, if so , i would love to hear from you.

any advice on likleyhood of getting jobs in these places would also be appreciated.

Many thanks

Chris
Old Jan 20th 2015, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newly Qualified Accountant

Hi Chris
I qualified and moved abroad many years ago and have never regretted it.You have to think about how it will look on your CV after you've finished your stint in any of the places you mentioned. If you go as an auditor you wont get much of a varied experience. I worked in Bermuda for 3 years, but not in auditing, and the big 4 are normally looking for newlyqualifieds. The salary wont be good but you can enjoy yourself, and politically its OK for an expat. I understand from reading the section on Cayman Islands that its not so nice from that point of view. Experience wise it would be the same in both places, I think.
I suggest you also read the section for Gibraltar to get an idea as to how it is there. Australia could maybe another idea, as it's a great place for young people, and obviously experience would be wider.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 11:22 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Working in Canada as a qualified CIMA, transferred to CMA. It's interesting, the terminology differs at times so expect that.
Old May 26th 2015, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Eggx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Howefamily
Working in Canada as a qualified CIMA, transferred to CMA. It's interesting, the terminology differs at times so expect that.
Do you have to sit any additional exams to get transferred over to CMA?