Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

TIPS to GET Accountant JOB in Australia

TIPS to GET Accountant JOB in Australia

Old Nov 9th 2009, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: TIPS to GET Accountant JOB in Australia

Originally Posted by legend_945
hi all

i must say its a wonedrful forum. a lot of informtion. i am a 175 GSM candidate. as part of my planning i have become Associate member of CPA and also have passed one exam (Audit and Assurance) of the professional level which means i am now 5 more papers and two years mentor programme(one year was waived by CPA in recognition of my previous experience) away from CPA designation. in addition to this i have 3 years working experience on Oracle Financials(ERP) R-12.

i would be wondering if some one can tell me about job prospects for me in Brisbane, ohhh i forgot to mention that i have applied Online on 7th november 2009 and planning to move in last quarter of 2010, well depends actually on DIAC.
start here www.seek.com.au,www.careerone.com.au

And use some social networks like orkut,linkedin, Hi5,Face book find some accountant friends will help you get actual status over there

BTW I am heading to PERTH in First quarter of 2010
Old Dec 1st 2009, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Linh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
start here www.seek.com.au,www.careerone.com.au

And use some social networks like orkut,linkedin, Hi5,Face book find some accountant friends will help you get actual status over there

BTW I am heading to PERTH in First quarter of 2010
Hi Shiva,

Thanks for opening this useful topic. Could you please also sending me the Accountant CV as discussed?

I am accountant and have been trying to tap into the Oz employment market. Thanks
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Linh
Hi Shiva,

Thanks for opening this useful topic. Could you please also sending me the Accountant CV as discussed?

I am accountant and have been trying to tap into the Oz employment market. Thanks
PM your email ID I will do
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Last quarter of 2010 should be getting back to more usual status.

My recruitment consultant chappy reckons things will be picking up in Brisbane Q1 next year - this last quarter there is still an oversupply of accountants, jobs are taking a long time to fill because the companies are taking their time in case someone better comes along, and they're tending to underpay because of it.

I'm very glad he's honest as I was seriously thinking about changing jobs in the new year, might just hold fire for another couple of months yet......
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NikiL
Last quarter of 2010 should be getting back to more usual status.

My recruitment consultant chappy reckons things will be picking up in Brisbane Q1 next year - this last quarter there is still an oversupply of accountants, jobs are taking a long time to fill because the companies are taking their time in case someone better comes along, and they're tending to underpay because of it.

I'm very glad he's honest as I was seriously thinking about changing jobs in the new year, might just hold fire for another couple of months yet......
Good sign in down under. Thanks Mate for the updates. Karma given

* I am moving in March/April hope things will be normal
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Linh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Shiva,

I have PM you my email address, but haven't received any mails yet. Was the message lost by any chance? Otherwise, could you please help me by emailing the CV you told? Thanks a lot
Linh
Old Dec 11th 2009, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry mate for the delayed response. My net was down for few days. Now its ok. Seems I misplaced ur ID could you re send again

Last edited by helloshivahere; Dec 11th 2009 at 6:47 am.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Leedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the rough

This thread has been quiet

I will be landing in Oz in a few weeks (late Jan) so is there any sign of pickup in recruitment in Melbourne?
Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

annamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Leedelta
This thread has been quiet

I will be landing in Oz in a few weeks (late Jan) so is there any sign of pickup in recruitment in Melbourne?
Me too! Well, in Feb! Also looking for accountancy role in Melbourne!
Old Jan 10th 2010, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, ask the agencies! Its worthwhile getting in touch with them before you land anyway to establish the relationship with them - they won't actively search for you before you land, but its a good idea to start building with them so they're putting a face to the voice when you do meet.

Good luck!
Old Jan 10th 2010, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Leedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NikiL
Guys, ask the agencies! Its worthwhile getting in touch with them before you land anyway to establish the relationship with them - they won't actively search for you before you land, but its a good idea to start building with them so they're putting a face to the voice when you do meet.

Good luck!
Thanks NikiL
Old Jan 10th 2010, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

JohnJ is on a distinguished road

Thanks NikiL
Just to add a cautionary note, I did the rounds of all of the agencies offices in Perth in November, and none of them were particularly helpful, apart from one Dublin girl working for Robert Half, who I'd say took pity on me as a compatriot.

I did hear back from some of them weeks afterwards, by which time I was back in Ireland...

Hope it goes well for you Leedelta and AnnMarie, I will be hopefully following in your footsteps later in the year

all the best

John
Old Jan 10th 2010, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JohnJ

Hope it goes well for you Leedelta and AnnMarie, I will be hopefully following in your footsteps later in the year

all the best

John
Thanks John,

Be nice to get away from the snow and ice

Out of curiousity what excuses did the agencies give?
Old Jan 11th 2010, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

JohnJ is on a distinguished road

Thanks John,

Be nice to get away from the snow and ice

Out of curiousity what excuses did the agencies give?
Yup snowed in here in Wexford since last Tuesday...tried to get out to the shops but skidded all over the place and came back with my tail between my legs.
Basically, noone available, leave your cv and we'll get back to you...

I'd say best bet is to try and make appointments in advance as far as you can...it's a bit different from the scenario here where, when I last did the rounds which is a couple of years ago, you could call in with a reasonable hope that someone would see you there and then. It struck me that where over here the agencies will deal with candidates and employers separately, build relationships and try and find a fit etc, over there they have specific vacancies and seem to want to try and deal with candidates in the context of the vacancies...I havent explained it very well so I hope that makes sense to you
Old Jan 11th 2010, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JohnJ
Yup snowed in here in Wexford since last Tuesday...tried to get out to the shops but skidded all over the place and came back with my tail between my legs.
Basically, noone available, leave your cv and we'll get back to you...

It struck me that where over here the agencies will deal with candidates and employers separately, build relationships and try and find a fit etc, over there they have specific vacancies and seem to want to try and deal with candidates in the context of the vacancies...I havent explained it very well so I hope that makes sense to you
Not too bad here on the west coast by the sea, snow has melted....almost.

I noticed that here in Ireland, agencies will try to fire your cv at anything.

I went for one interview and my cv was 4 years out of date and the job spec I was given by the agency was 90% inaccurate.

Today I fired my cv to 2 agencies I used before in Melbourne so we will see what happens.

I also transferred funds over. Watch out for the daily €5000 limit imposed by the banks on international transfers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.