Query on CIMA/ACCA/CPA-Aus

Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:13 am
Just Joined

vmn242018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Query on CIMA/ACCA/CPA-Aus

Hi Sasa

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I would have registered for CPA-Aus but the cost is mind-boggling AED29k or almost AUD7000 (8 exempted papers x AUD295 per paper + 6 exams x 785 per exam). Cant afford to pay this much. Hence started the search on CIMA. After doing CIMA I can convert to CPA (Aus) by paying AUD650 something. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Vic

Originally Posted by sasa110
Vic,
i am Indian, ACCA affiliate. I am aware of ICWAI qualification - have colleagues who've done it.

ICWA would be difficult to market in Aus, dont know about CMA USA. I would suggest you enroll for the CPA Australia immediately and take exams from the middle east itself, where they have exam centers. http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/cps/r...locations.html

CPA Aus recognises the ICWAI for entry to advanced level ( http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/cps/r...fications.html ), so you might just have to do 6 papers, and have exemption from 3 year mentored experience.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

sasa110 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup, thats the cost of each CPA exam - 785 AUD. Pretty steep.

2 things.

1. CIMA has an agreement with ICWAI, and an 'accelerated route', as far as I remember. If you're considering this route to get CIMA, you need to check if CPAA will accept this for their membership.

2. The CIMA-CPA MRA expires at the end of 2012. So if you're aiming for CPA, you've to wrap up CIMA by June 2012 (that means 2 exam attempts from now). This of course, assuming the MRA is discontinued, as it might be.

edit: wait a minute, i assumed your primary studied qualification was ICWA, and then you gained CMA USA through MRA. If its the other way round, disregard the ICWAI-CIMA accelerated route point (point 1, ie).

Originally Posted by vmn242018
Hi Sasa

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I would have registered for CPA-Aus but the cost is mind-boggling AED29k or almost AUD7000 (8 exempted papers x AUD295 per paper + 6 exams x 785 per exam). Cant afford to pay this much. Hence started the search on CIMA. After doing CIMA I can convert to CPA (Aus) by paying AUD650 something. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Vic

Last edited by sasa110; Jun 26th 2011 at 1:44 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:18 am
Just Joined

vmn242018 is an unknown quantity at this point

1. My primary qualification is CMA and got ICWA through MRA.
  2. In CIMA I need to appear in 8 exams (out of 15) which is not bad
  3. In ACCA I need to appear in 7 but when I spoke to local ACCA office, they said I need to go through some mentored training which is difficult for me.
  4. I've chosen CIMA coz it will help me to get CPAA in less investment .
  5. Aus visa (through an agency) will cost around AUD5k + CPAA will cost AUD7k= AUD12k or INR600k. Hence was trying another way through CIMA but your points are valid and I need to re-think coz I want to get out of ME anyways.
If any other thoughts come to your mind, please let me know. Above all- thanks for your help

[/LIST]
Originally Posted by sasa110
Yup, thats the cost of each CPA exam - 785 AUD. Pretty steep.

2 things.

1. CIMA has an agreement with ICWAI, and an 'accelerated route', as far as I remember. If you're considering this route to get CIMA, you need to check if CPAA will accept this for their membership.

2. The CIMA-CPA MRA expires at the end of 2012. So if you're aiming for CPA, you've to wrap up CIMA by June 2012 (that means 2 exam attempts from now). This of course, assuming the MRA is discontinued, as it might be.

edit: wait a minute, i assumed your primary studied qualification was ICWA, and then you gained CMA USA through MRA. If its the other way round, disregard the ICWAI-CIMA accelerated route point (point 1, ie).