Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Prospects of Masters in Accounts with Australian CPA in India

Prospects of Masters in Accounts with Australian CPA in India

Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Cyrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Prospects of Masters in Accounts with Australian CPA in India

Hi,
Can anyone tell me what are the prospects in Indian market for a Masters in Accounts degree with Australian CPA ?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:47 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prospects of Masters in Accounts with Australian CPA in India

Originally Posted by Cyrus
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what are the prospects in Indian market for a Masters in Accounts degree with Australian CPA ?
Someone else mentioned that Australian CPA is not a popular qualification in India.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
Someone else mentioned that Australian CPA is not a popular qualification in India.
What about the foreign companies operating in India, they need a CPA professional for their audits..

Last edited by Cyrus; Jul 5th 2007 at 11:51 am.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:17 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

What about the foreign companies operating in India, they need a CPA professional for their audits..
Are you sure you are not confusing Australian CPA with American CPA? They are two very different things.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
Are you sure you are not confusing Australian CPA with American CPA? They are two very different things.
No No...I will be doing my Masters in Accounts with CPA extension from Macquarie University, Sydney. After completing my course..I want to gain some work experience in Australia and return back to India.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 4:13 am
gak
Forum Regular

gak is an unknown quantity at this point

No No...I will be doing my Masters in Accounts with CPA extension from Macquarie University, Sydney. After completing my course..I want to gain some work experience in Australia and return back to India.
Hi

Australian CPA is not worth much in Indian Market. As per the taxation laws in India, only an Indian CA can certify the annual accounts. Normally CPA or CIMA will be a good additional qualification to have. But without basic qualification your chances of making it big is bleak. ICAI has no reciprocal arrangement with CPA australia, so you are unlikely to have any leverage on this count.

As JAC often mentions , every country has its list of prestigious qualification, but it may not be well recognized in other countries.

GAK
Old Jul 14th 2007, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gak
Hi

Australian CPA is not worth much in Indian Market. As per the taxation laws in India, only an Indian CA can certify the annual accounts. Normally CPA or CIMA will be a good additional qualification to have. But without basic qualification your chances of making it big is bleak. ICAI has no reciprocal arrangement with CPA australia, so you are unlikely to have any leverage on this count.

As JAC often mentions , every country has its list of prestigious qualification, but it may not be well recognized in other countries.

GAK
Hi, What would you suggest me to do after I complete my Masters in Accounts. University gives me 2 options (Australian CPA or Australian CA),
What additional examinations will I have to give to work in Indain market ?
Old Jul 14th 2007, 1:23 pm
JAJ
Retired

Hi, What would you suggest me to do after I complete my Masters in Accounts. University gives me 2 options (Australian CPA or Australian CA),
Australian CA will give you more options, even if it is not fully recognised in India.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 7:03 pm
gak
Forum Regular

gak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
Australian CA will give you more options, even if it is not fully recognised in India.
That is true, CA is definetely more impressive. But it is not recognized in India.

I suggest u visit web site of ICAI. You may perhpas register for intermediate and complete it while u are australia itself.

Btw, can u tell me, when everyone wants to emigrate from India why do u want to retrun ?

gak

Last edited by gak; Jul 15th 2007 at 7:05 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 8:18 pm
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by gak
That is true, CA is definetely more impressive. But it is not recognized in India.
That might not matter if you're working outside public practice - an Indian employer might accept the two as at least equivalent.

There is also the chance of a mutual recognition agreement in the future.

In both of these situations, I would think that prospects in India as an Australian CA are better than those of an Australian CPA.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gak

I suggest u visit web site of ICAI. You may perhpas register for intermediate and complete it while u are australia itself.

Btw, can u tell me, when everyone wants to emigrate from India why do u want to retrun ?

gak
Hi, I knew someone would pop the question sooner or later...I dont want to return to India immediately after the course, just want to keep my options open for the future.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
That might not matter if you're working outside public practice - an Indian employer might accept the two as at least equivalent.

There is also the chance of a mutual recognition agreement in the future.

In both of these situations, I would think that prospects in India as an Australian CA are better than those of an Australian CPA.
Hi Jaj,
I may do both CPA and CA in the future I guess, more education can never harm anyone. Is there a difference in pay packages in Australia for a CPA and a CA ?
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:55 am
JAJ
Retired

Hi Jaj,
I may do both CPA and CA in the future I guess, more education can never harm anyone. Is there a difference in pay packages in Australia for a CPA and a CA ?
No real difference. The extra benefits CA gives you is slightly more chance of getting an interview (especially if the hiring person is CA, and you are still in early career) and better recognition overseas.

I'm not sure if any Australian CAs see the need to do (Australian) CPA as well. You'd probably be better off investing your study time in something else - eg an MBA, or becoming a U.S. CPA.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
No real difference. The extra benefits CA gives you is slightly more chance of getting an interview (especially if the hiring person is CA, and you are still in early career) and better recognition overseas.

I'm not sure if any Australian CAs see the need to do (Australian) CPA as well. You'd probably be better off investing your study time in something else - eg an MBA, or becoming a U.S. CPA.
I was informed by my agent that if I do CPA it gives me 63 points for my PR Visa application compared to 24 points that the CA course will give. I think your suggestion of an MBA degree sounds much better. I can do CA while I am working. As per the University the course which I have enrolled into will give me 2.5 years student visa.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 4:16 am
JAJ
Retired

I was informed by my agent that if I do CPA it gives me 63 points for my PR Visa application compared to 24 points that the CA course will give.
I'm really not sure how you interpreted it that way, but it's totally wrong.

Firstly, you don't have to be fully qualified CA/CPA/PNA to get a skill assessment. Secondly, skill assessments from all three assessing authorities are worth 60 points (plus MODL for 2211-11 assessments).

Why don't you look at the ICAA/CPAA/NIA/DIAC websites?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.