Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Part qual ACCA Oxford Brookes Degree

Part qual ACCA Oxford Brookes Degree

Old Oct 27th 2005, 3:21 pm
G'day Sport

Rick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of light
Question Part qual ACCA Oxford Brookes Degree

Just wondered if anyone out there could help me. I am part qualified and will be eligible for the oxford brookes in applied accounting through ACCA next year. Will this be recognised for skills assesment and by dimia or is it best to just complete ACCA then apply?

Cheers
Rick
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:35 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Part qual ACCA Oxford Brookes Degree

Originally Posted by Rick C
Just wondered if anyone out there could help me. I am part qualified and will be eligible for the oxford brookes in applied accounting through ACCA next year. Will this be recognised for skills assesment and by dimia or is it best to just complete ACCA then apply?

Cheers
Rick

You should talk to the ACCA office in Sydney regarding whether they know if the degree acceptable for skill assessment purposes.

Even if CPAA don't recognise it, you may have better luck with ICAA or NIA. If no-one knows the answer and you have to take a gamble, I'd try NIA first, ICAA second, and CPAA as last choice.

Remember you need skilled work experience before you can apply to DIMIA, and depending on your existing skills/experience:
- they may not accept anything before your degree is awarded
- even after your degree is awarded it still has to be skilled work experience (book-keeper is not accepted).

Accounting skill assessments last for 5 years so you can sort out your skill assessment before you are necessarily ready to apply to DIMIA.

Jeremy