Jobs For Cima In Australia

Old May 1st 2007, 1:38 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs For Cima In Australia

Originally Posted by daniel_26
Canadian CA is not in the cards for me. First, it will take an exceedingly long time. I already have a degree, and to do a CA, I will have to go back to university for at least three years full time to complete all the accounting requirements. CMA Canada has a short-cut, where they will teach you all the accounting you need to know in 7 months. If CA had that, I would go for it. Second, CAs do a lot of external auditing, and they have to work in an accounting firm for 30 months to get the qualification. I am more interested in the industry rather than auditing. CMA teaches you accounting, but also marketing, manegement skills, and HR, besides accounting, areas that I think are more useful for industry work.

However, you do raise a good point by saying that through mutual recognition between CIMA and CMA Canada, I may not get a favorable assessment. I have posed this question to CPA Australia. Lets see what they say. Thanks for your feedback. If you have anything else to add, please feel free. Thanks again.
Wait and see what CPA Australia say, but according to their website:

"If you have a recognised Bachelor degree in any discipline and completed the examinations or professional programs of the following accounting bodies, you can expect to receive a successful assessment for immigration purposes:

* The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK (CIMA) "

http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/cps/r...4_ENA_HTML.htm

Unless your degree is in accounting, you may struggle to migrate to Australia as an accountant anytime soon. What's your degree subject and have you got any relatives in Australia to sponsor you?

You should know that the Australian CAs are more flexible on training routes than the Canadian CAs. Many Australian CAs are trained outside public practice (in corporations).
Old May 1st 2007, 1:53 am
Just Joined

daniel_26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
Wait and see what CPA Australia say, but according to their website:

"If you have a recognised Bachelor degree in any discipline and completed the examinations or professional programs of the following accounting bodies, you can expect to receive a successful assessment for immigration purposes:

* The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK (CIMA) "

http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/cps/r...4_ENA_HTML.htm

Unless your degree is in accounting, you may struggle to migrate to Australia as an accountant anytime soon. What's your degree subject and have you got any relatives in Australia to sponsor you?

You should know that the Australian CAs are more flexible on training routes than the Canadian CAs. Many Australian CAs are trained outside public practice (in corporations).

yes, I've seen this quote. My degree is in psychology and french, nothing to do with accounting, and no, no relatives in Australia.

The mutual recognition between CMA Canada, and CIMA does not grant automatic ACMA. I still have to do the three stretegy exams+TOPCIMA. I am exempt from management papers and the basic accounting papers. This is, of course, case-by-case, and to CIMA's discretion. So, I will still complete some of the CIMA exams to get their qualification. This could be more in line with the CPA quote you presented.

I am not going to migrate anywhere anytime soon. My career is just starting. This plan is 3-4 years down the road. I can't leave in the next couple of years anyway. Thanks.
Old May 1st 2007, 2:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

The mutual recognition between CMA Canada, and CIMA does not grant automatic ACMA.
Yes it does. Who told you otherwise?
Old May 1st 2007, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

daniel_26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
Yes it does. Who told you otherwise?

The CIMA website.
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:55 am
JAJ
Retired

The CIMA website.
I see nothing on the CIMA website about mutual recognition. But I suggest you contact CIMA directly using the information on this link from the B.C. CMAs:
http://www.cmabc.com/members/MutalRe...greements.html

Bear in mind the mutual recognition agreement is not necessarily permanent and could be terminated by either party. Those who had already obtained membership would not be affected but this route would be closed to new applicants.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 7:31 am
gak
Forum Regular

gak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you don't need the skill assessment for migration purposes, it will probably be a lot cheaper to ask for a "non-migration" assessment of eligibility to enter the CA Program. This is likely to cost A$50, not A$350.

You should still keep your CIMA membership long term in Australia as ACMA/FCMA is a good complement to the CA qualification.
Thanks Jerry, But I did not find any such offer in CA web site....?
Old Jul 19th 2007, 11:49 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by gak
Thanks Jerry, But I did not find any such offer in CA web site....?
They have "upgraded" their website and in the process removed a lot of useful information. Ask them. But you may need to be persistent as they could get confused and think you are asking about a migration assessment.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

philblack is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there,

maybe freelance accountant is suitable for you as well,
I know a website which is it's called peopleperhour and it's online marketplace for freelancer of course for accounting freelancers as well so pro you can have a look their sites and hope it helps

phil