Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Improving this ecommerce budget model

Improving this ecommerce budget model

Old May 28th 2012, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

mikkelb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Improving this ecommerce budget model

Greetings!

Can someone help me improve this ecommerce budget model (apparel)?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EtwX0NrQk9pR2c

- Not too confident about the budget model as a whole, as some parts are translated from Norwegian (this old sample budget model from the state-owned Innovation Norway - see links in the above spreadsheet), while other parts are made up (by yours truly - and I suck at this stuff).

- Anything I ought to add, remove or restructure?

- As for the Purchases and Sales sheets - could it be structured any better? I feel they ought to be more interconnected and that I've failed to model that somehow.

- The same goes for the Profit and Cash flow sheets - I always hear people talk about profit and cash flow in the same sentence.

- And for the Cash flow sheet - I was told I should model various scenarios in it (i.e. different marketing/sales costs, and different delays). But how'd I go about actually modelling that? So far all I can think of is that I probably need some form elements, maybe a select box?

- Assuming I have the sales data for a year from one of my competitors (amount of sales for their various products, where the customers came from and at what time they made the purchase) - any advice how to factor this information into my Purchases and Sales sheets to do some nice forecasting? (finding the right multiplier, seasonal variation and all that good stuff)

- I've been told that I need to model time lags (since CC payments and restocking inventory aren't immediate) into my budget model - but exactly how do I do that?

- What's the best way of modelling seasonal variations?

- If programming was no obstacle, what sorta cool functions would you add to this?

Thanks for listening!

All the best,
Mikkel
Old May 30th 2012, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice
Default Re: Improving this ecommerce budget model

I can't comment on the model, not enough documentation. For such a model, I do not think VBA would add any value, but I may be wrong.

Have a look at model no. 78 in the link below (I am still surprised how the website offers all these models for free).

http://www.exinfm.com/free_spreadsheets.html

Last edited by JOE2010; May 30th 2012 at 3:35 pm.
Old May 30th 2012, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

mikkelb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Improving this ecommerce budget model

Thank you so much man. I owe you big time for this.