ICAEW and ICAA

Old May 21st 2012, 7:05 am
Just Joined

u2wa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ICAEW and ICAA

Hi all,

I need some clarification that if someone has claimed CPL(credit for prior learning) from icaew and eventually gained professional membership, than will he become an eligible member to benefit from MRA between ICAA and ICAEW. Can someone please shed some light on this matter!
Old May 21st 2012, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice
Default Re: ICAEW and ICAA

Originally Posted by u2wa
Hi all,

I need some clarification that if someone has claimed CPL(credit for prior learning) from icaew and eventually gained professional membership, than will he become an eligible member to benefit from MRA between ICAA and ICAEW. Can someone please shed some light on this matter!
I think the answer is no based on the following from the ICAA website;

"If you are a full current financial member in good standing of one of the overseas accounting bodies listed above and you gained your membership through the normal education, professional examinations and service requirements and can demonstrate satisfactory understanding of Australian Corporations Law and Taxation Law, you may make an application for membership of the Institute."

http://www.charteredaccountants.com....ounting-bodies

However, I would advise you to give the guys at ICAA a call or email them, they are prompt in responding to queries.

Last edited by JOE2010; May 21st 2012 at 2:51 pm.