Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Hello New to forum question about Accountants

Hello New to forum question about Accountants

Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Irish Dreams is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hello New to forum question about Accountants

Hello

I am new to the forum, I was wondering would any body be able to help me.

My husband and I would like to move to Australia, my husband is an accountant (CIMA) is this recongise in Australia, if so would his job be in demand, as we are hoping to appy for visa (not sure what one)

Is it better to contact recuirement agency before going out to see if you can get sponsership.

Many thanks for any help and advice given
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello New to forum question about Accountants

Hi and welcome

This discussion has been had on here many times, just look through the other thread titles and read some to get the jist of it.

IMHO, Australians are intelligent enough to know that people who qualified in different countries will have different qualifications and ACCA, CIMA are prefectly well recognised. Some people get mutual recognition with CPA in Australia. He might as well as he will be getting skills assessed anyway. CPA is open book multiple choice examination, I'd value CIMA a lot higher than CPA to be honest.

I recommend looking into skilled migrant visas. Not much point contacting agents at this time, they won't be terribly interested in him before he has the visa. Finding a job and sponsorship would be many times more difficult that focusing on a skilled migrant visa.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Irish Dreams is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Hello New to forum question about Accountants

Thank you Bermudashorts for your welcome and advice

I will have a look further at past threads, we are hoping to get on the skilled migrant visas.

Looking into whether to go with an Agency or fill the forms ourselves