Credit transfers for ACCA

Old Mar 30th 2009, 12:23 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Credit transfers for ACCA

Originally Posted by moin
Hi Janice

Can I ask who did you get your assessment for immigration?

Reason I am asking is that I am getting mine done in a couple of weeks time and I was checking NIA's website. They are offering full membership on successful assessment. Now what I heard is NIA is not on the same level as ICAA or CPAA in Australia but at least you get a local qualification and better chance of a job. You can then move on from there as you see fit.

So why not try contacting them?... or if not CPAA or ICAA to get some kind of associate (entry level) membership to get yourself going!!

Hope this helps..

P.S I am starting a new post since I am starting out on my immigration case now so will be asking lots of questions!! ..
Isn't the ex president of NIA up for tax evasion charges? for fraudulent invoices in Fuji?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

JohnJ is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know how one would go about undertaking ICAA modules (I'm FCCA currently in Ireland and therefore only need to complete the Tax and Law modules from an academic standpoint, obviously I think I would also need certified experience over there to get full membership.

Is it possible to buy the textbooks or other distance learning materials from overseas and are there any international exam centres?

Many thanks

John
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:16 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnJ
Does anyone know how one would go about undertaking ICAA modules (I'm FCCA currently in Ireland and therefore only need to complete the Tax and Law modules from an academic standpoint, obviously I think I would also need certified experience over there to get full membership.
You also need to do the CA Program (five papers), in order to become an Australian CA.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

JohnJ is on a distinguished road

Oh Ok, thanks for that info...when I got my migration assessment done, they only mentioned the tax and law papers?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 2:57 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Ok, thanks for that info...when I got my migration assessment done, they only mentioned the tax and law papers?
For migration assessment, they look at eligibility for entry to the CA Program.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 12:49 pm
You will be mine in Hell.

Hellboy663 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by moin
Hi Janice

Reason I am asking is that I am getting mine done in a couple of weeks time and I was checking NIA's website. They are offering full membership on successful assessment. Now what I heard is NIA is not on the same level as ICAA or CPAA in Australia but at least you get a local qualification and better chance of a job. !! ..
Sorry to bust your bubble but having the NIA qualification is not exactly going to help you much in your job search. You'll be surprised but a fair number of people including many recruitment consultants and employers don't know and never seemed to have heard of NIA and among those who know about it, they tend to ask with a glee on their faces, now what made you do NIA? NIA started with giving entry to TAFE students and though it has made its standards more demanding by introducing the requirement of having a degree and 3 years of mentored work experience to get the PNA designation and trying all it could to be at par with Oz CPA and CA, it is still perceived as diploma level by many. Ideally, to ensure a good career, one is better off going for OZ CPA or CA. However I quite like some of the CPD courses that they conduct. They are rather good to attend. That is the only advantage I see with being the member of NIA.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Is it possible to buy the textbooks or other distance learning materials from overseas and are there any international exam centres?Many thanks

John
Just wondering that myself. We are in Ireland aswell and the wife wants to get the CA qualification before we get there. She is FCCA too.
Anyone know???
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

moin will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Credit transfers for ACCA

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Just wondering that myself. We are in Ireland aswell and the wife wants to get the CA qualification before we get there. She is FCCA too.
Anyone know???
I think you need to be actually in Australia to get into the CA program..Although you should be able to complete the Australian Tax and Law papers through distance learning (This is the pre-requisite to gain entry to CA program)

I am thinking about registering with University of South Queensland..I think the course number is Law 5219.

However there are other universities also providing bridging course for overseas trained accountants..a link to the accredited courses should be on ICAA/CPA websites.

Hope this helps
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

moin will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Credit transfers for ACCA

Originally Posted by Hellboy663
Sorry to bust your bubble but having the NIA qualification is not exactly going to help you much in your job search. You'll be surprised but a fair number of people including many recruitment consultants and employers don't know and never seemed to have heard of NIA and among those who know about it, they tend to ask with a glee on their faces, now what made you do NIA? NIA started with giving entry to TAFE students and though it has made its standards more demanding by introducing the requirement of having a degree and 3 years of mentored work experience to get the PNA designation and trying all it could to be at par with Oz CPA and CA, it is still perceived as diploma level by many. Ideally, to ensure a good career, one is better off going for OZ CPA or CA. However I quite like some of the CPD courses that they conduct. They are rather good to attend. That is the only advantage I see with being the member of NIA.
Thanks for the info on this one..Since my last post I have made up my mind that I will register for CA program once I am in Oz..