Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

ACCA Affiliate to ICAEW Member to ICAA

ACCA Affiliate to ICAEW Member to ICAA

Old Mar 23rd 2016, 4:03 am
Just Joined

alex32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb ACCA Affiliate to ICAEW Member to ICAA

Hello Members,

I am ACCA Affiliate and I got exemptions from some of ICAEW examinations and then I attempted remaining Advanced Stage Exams. I completed 4 years training with ICAEW Authorized firm. Now I am ICAEW member, So am I eligible for MRA between ICAEW and ICAA?

(As there is no MRA between ICAEW and ACCA so will ICAA admit me)?
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACCA Affiliate to ICAEW Member to ICAA

Are you a real member of ICAEW or only through mutual recognition? If it is just through mutual recognition program then no, you cannot go on to get MRA with ICAA.

Why would you wish to do this anyway though? There is absolutely no need whatsoever. Australian employers understand very well that a UK qualified accontant will have a UK accountancy qualification.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Arrow Re: ACCA Affiliate to ICAEW Member to ICAA

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Are you a real member of ICAEW or only through mutual recognition? If it is just through mutual recognition program then no, you cannot go on to get MRA with ICAA.

Why would you wish to do this anyway though? There is absolutely no need whatsoever. Australian employers understand very well that a UK qualified accontant will have a UK accountancy qualification.
Hello,

Thanks for replying. There is no MRA Involved in membership of ICAEW. I just got exemptions based on ACCA prior learning. There is no recognition agreement or MRA between ACCA and ICAEW...

So am i eligible for ICAA Membership?
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alex32
Hello,

Thanks for replying. There is no MRA Involved in membership of ICAEW. I just got exemptions based on ACCA prior learning. There is no recognition agreement or MRA between ACCA and ICAEW...

So am i eligible for ICAA Membership?
There is definitely a pathway from ACCA to ICAEW.

If you are a normally qualified ICAEW then there is a MRA, this is readily available information. Not sure why you have been unable to find it, hence I assumed you had taken the conversion route.

But as I say, there is NO NEED to do this. An ICAEW qualification has to be one of the most highly regarded qualifications in the world of accountancy, you do not need to do anything.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: ACCA Affiliate to ICAEW Member to ICAA

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
There is definitely a pathway from ACCA to ICAEW.

If you are a normally qualified ICAEW then there is a MRA, this is readily available information. Not sure why you have been unable to find it, hence I assumed you had taken the conversion route.

But as I say, there is NO NEED to do this. An ICAEW qualification has to be one of the most highly regarded qualifications in the world of accountancy, you do not need to do anything.
Hello,
Thanks for Co-operating. Most people are saying that i will need experience certificates from my employers to show immigration authorities. But could you please confirm me that if My ICAEW & ACCA membership is being assessed by ICAA and they give positive assessment so will i still need experience certificates to show?
Old Mar 24th 2016, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by alex32
Hello,
Thanks for Co-operating. Most people are saying that i will need experience certificates from my employers to show immigration authorities. But could you please confirm me that if My ICAEW & ACCA membership is being assessed by ICAA and they give positive assessment so will i still need experience certificates to show?
For your visa, no you do not need to show work experience evidence unless you are claiming points for work experience.

For job hunting, Australian employers are likely to want to take up your work references. I have never heard of "experience certificates" (and I am experienced in Australian accountancy recruitment).
Old Apr 20th 2016, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

alimuhammad is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Ms. Bermudashorts

I have been reading up on your replies to some of the posts, concerning the issues of ACCAs migrating to Australia, and I found them quite useful. I have similar nature of questions and I am hoping you would be able to help me out here and clear my confusion.

I qualified ACCA in 2008. Currently I am an ACCA member. I also have the OBU BSc. Hons. Degree.

My working experience is as under:

External Auditor : Sep 2007 to Feb 2013

Accounting Manager: Mar 2013 to Jan 2016

Internal Auditor: Feb 2016 - till date

I am interested in migrating to Australia through Skilled Individual Route.

My questions are as follows:

1. Does the Australian Immigration Body consider the post qualification Internship/Training as a valid experience?

2. If not the post qualification, then does it consider the post membership Internship/Training as a valid experience? Please note that it was a paid internship/training in both the above cases.

3. Most of my experience revolves around the role of an Auditor (External). My personal preference, as well, revolves around the role of an Auditor (internal and external both). If I am looking for a Job in Australia in some similar role, will it be an issue with the immigration body, due to the fact that it has been almost three years since I was an Auditor?
I am not taking into account of my current ongoing experience as an Internal Auditor as it has only been few months since I switched to my current job, in this role.

Your opinion and any advice on this matter will be highly appreciated as I am desperately trying to improve my career and ultimately my financial position.

Thanks in advance.

Ali