Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

CIMA or ACCA qualification in the USA?

CIMA or ACCA qualification in the USA?

Old Apr 26th 2010, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Ickle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CIMA or ACCA qualification in the USA?

My first post, and few questions

I am about to start the second year of, either CIMA or ACCA, and I wonder if anyone can tell me which is held in better regard in the USA?

To practice in industry as an accountant would I need to take the CPA exam if working in America?

Any info is welcome, as I'm trying to get as much info as possible, before I register for CIMA/ACCA.

Just as a foot note, I will have exemptions from the first year of either of the above, since I will finish my AAT studies in June.

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 26th 2010, 4:26 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIMA or ACCA qualification in the USA?

Originally Posted by Ickle

I am about to start the second year of, either CIMA or ACCA, and I wonder if anyone can tell me which is held in better regard in the USA?

To practice in industry as an accountant would I need to take the CPA exam if working in America?

Any info is welcome, as I'm trying to get as much info as possible, before I register for CIMA/ACCA.

Just as a foot note, I will have exemptions from the first year of either of the above, since I will finish my AAT studies in June.

Thanks in advance!
Neither are recognized in the US, I'm CIMA and no-one I have come across has heard of it. Job postings usually list requirement's as CPA or MBA for more senior roles.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 1:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIMA or ACCA qualification in the USA?

The question is probably academic unless the original poster tells us the plan to get through the US visa/immigration system.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

md shibli is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: CIMA or ACCA qualification in the USA?

Originally Posted by Ickle

Thanks in advance!
Well in USA you got to adopt something of their own to be valued except u are a very experienced candidate...i.e. u need an US qualification .... I mean to say u can use your Acca qualification to get a top up in any degree that u would like to complete from USA. In order to get a job Just Cima or Acca wouldn't helphuh: