Brisbane Salaries

Old Sep 24th 2009, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brisbane Salaries

Had a list of candidates from one of the recruitment agencies through today, and the drop in salaries expectations was shocking!

CIMA Finance manager $60k, CIMA/ACCA Finance Manager (sorry, but why do both??) $75k, CIMA/CPA FC $80k.

Apparently there has been a 5-10% drop in salaries in the last 6 months according to the press etc.

Sorry, but if I were just moving I wouldn't even consider getting out of bed for this money - there are plenty of jobs out there paying far better money than that for this level of qualification and experience (and the market IS picking up again), so if anyone is told by a recruitment consultant that this is what the market is paying, I'd move agencies.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice
Default Re: Brisbane Salaries

What sort of organizations are those? I would have thought that experience, organization, industry and candidate profile affect salaries? For 60K I think we are talking about assistant accountant/AP roles, not unless it is 1M turnover company.

I am ACCA and CA part qualified and any time I have had to negotiate a salary the focus has always been on my experience. I am sure I would not be paid 120K, just for passing exams. Experience matters.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JOE2010
What sort of organizations are those? I would have thought that experience, organization, industry and candidate profile affect salaries? For 60K I think we are talking about assistant accountant/AP roles, not unless it is 1M turnover company.

I am ACCA and CA part qualified and any time I have had to negotiate a salary the focus has always been on my experience. I am sure I would not be paid 120K, just for passing exams. Experience matters.
This wasn't jobs being advertised - this was a list of current candidates sent through to us with the stated backgrounds such as Finance Manager who apparently had salary expectations in the range of $60k etc. You've basically just proven my point in that if you are told by an agency that you'll only get $60-70k as a qualified and experienced senior accountant then change agencies.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 7:51 am
You will be mine in Hell.

Hellboy663 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NikiL
This wasn't jobs being advertised - this was a list of current candidates sent through to us with the stated backgrounds such as Finance Manager who apparently had salary expectations in the range of $60k etc. You've basically just proven my point in that if you are told by an agency that you'll only get $60-70k as a qualified and experienced senior accountant then change agencies.
Brisbane sucks. Get out of Brisbane. You'll do much better in Sydney or Melbourne.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hellboy663
Brisbane sucks. Get out of Brisbane. You'll do much better in Sydney or Melbourne.
I'd do better salary wise, but I like it here
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Adeelkhan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

In which country, states and cities within a country accountants are best paid globally?

Any senior member like Hell Boy who visited alot should have a knowledge about it?
Old Dec 6th 2009, 3:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adeelkhan
Hello,

In which country, states and cities within a country accountants are best paid globally?

Any senior member like Hell Boy who visited alot should have a knowledge about it?
Once again, you really need to do your own research and not expect everything to be provided to you for free.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Blendin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adeelkhan
Hello,

Here is a salary comparison between Canadian CAs and U.S. CPAs

Average salary of a new CA (3 years work experience) is $70k and $116k with 8 years experience in Ontario.
http://www.guidetorulingtheworld.ca/Rule/Rule2_2.aspx

Average U.S. CPA salaries
http://www.startheregoplaces.com/why...ry-and-demand/