Best country to save cash

Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

sandylp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best country to save cash

Hi

I am CIMA qualified with 2 years post qual. exp and looking to relocate for a couple of years. I would like to move somewhere obviously with a good lifestyle but more importantly somewhere with excellent packages for people like myself so that I can save up a lot of cash.

Where would you recommend?

Thanks
Old Aug 15th 2008, 9:44 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best country to save cash

Kuwait
Old Aug 17th 2008, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for you reply. Can I ask why you think Kuwait would be best? The tax free salary Im sure is one reason but is accommodation not expensive?
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:44 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

The reasons are that obviously the Middle East is the place to save - and that is your criterion.

On the demand side few people want to go there even though it is a perfectly good destination - this pushes the salaries. Costs are relatively low and housing is about half of Dubai which is the obvious comparator.

The currency is depegged which means you get more GBP than for the same salary is dollars or AED. The traffic is bearable and you have time to do things. The climate is dry - UAE has a humidity pproaching 100% at times in the summer.

You can't drink alcohol but it is cheap to go to Bahrain if you want to go on the piss. The flight to London is a lot easier than from Dubai.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your help - sounds very much like what I would be looking for, will do some more research on Kuwait

Thanks
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sandylp
Thanks for your help - sounds very much like what I would be looking for, will do some more research on Kuwait

Thanks
If you want to save money let say net savi9ngs $2500-4000 PM aftrica is best afterall perks and expenses paid by employer.Middle east is hell to work