Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Australian Tax and Company Law courses

Australian Tax and Company Law courses

Old Jun 30th 2012, 10:29 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 13
King_Junior is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian Tax and Company Law courses

I am an Accountant and have just got my 475 visa and wish to travel to WA soon.

Could someone give me some input on doing an online course on Australian Tax and Company Law?

Thanks in advance for your generous and kind advice and tips.
King_Junior is offline  
Old Jul 1st 2012, 2:31 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Scarborough Beach, Perth
Posts: 243
JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice
Default Re: Australian Tax and Company Law courses

Originally Posted by King_Junior
I am an Accountant and have just got my 475 visa and wish to travel to WA soon.

Could someone give me some input on doing an online course on Australian Tax and Company Law?

Thanks in advance for your generous and kind advice and tips.
Check out Curtin University, you can do them online.

If I may ask why do want to do them? If I recall correctly these are not prerequisites to CA any longer.
JOE2010 is offline  
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:23 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 13
King_Junior is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian Tax and Company Law courses

Originally Posted by JOE2010
Check out Curtin University, you can do them online.

If I may ask why do want to do them? If I recall correctly these are not prerequisites to CA any longer.
Thanks JOE2010 for that valuable input.

I wish to get the membership of CPA. I was told CPA is easier than CAA. Isn't it a prerequisite to get CPA membership?

By the way, are the lectures and exams conducted online?

Thanks anyway.
King_Junior is offline  
Old Jul 1st 2012, 5:32 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Scarborough Beach, Perth
Posts: 243
JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice
Default Re: Australian Tax and Company Law courses

Originally Posted by King_Junior
Thanks JOE2010 for that valuable input.

I wish to get the membership of CPA. I was told CPA is easier than CAA. Isn't it a prerequisite to get CPA membership?

By the way, are the lectures and exams conducted online?

Thanks anyway.
You study online, so no lectures but they sent you notes and other materials. You sit for the exam in Curtin Uni if you are in WA. The assignment may be submitted online.

Do you have any other accounting qualification? CPA is a joke, unless you simply want letters after your name.
JOE2010 is offline  
Old Jul 1st 2012, 6:26 am
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 13
King_Junior is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian Tax and Company Law courses

Originally Posted by JOE2010
You study online, so no lectures but they sent you notes and other materials. You sit for the exam in Curtin Uni if you are in WA. The assignment may be submitted online.

Do you have any other accounting qualification? CPA is a joke, unless you simply want letters after your name.
Yes, I am an ACA from Sri Lanka. I need to do a convertion course to complete professional level of CPA.

Any advice?

Is CAA really tough?

Thanks again.
King_Junior is offline  
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:16 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Scarborough Beach, Perth
Posts: 243
JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice
Default Re: Australian Tax and Company Law courses

Originally Posted by King_Junior
Yes, I am an ACA from Sri Lanka. I need to do a convertion course to complete professional level of CPA.

Any advice?

Is CAA really tough?

Thanks again.
http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/cps/r...sri-lanka.html
JOE2010 is offline  
Old Jul 1st 2012, 10:53 am
  #7  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Bermudashorts's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 14,284
Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Tax and Company Law courses

Originally Posted by King_Junior
Yes, I am an ACA from Sri Lanka. I need to do a convertion course to complete professional level of CPA.

Any advice?

Is CAA really tough?

Thanks again.
Why don't you think your ACA qualification is enough? It surely has to be better than CPA.

Do you have solid work experience?
Bermudashorts is offline  
Old Jul 1st 2012, 10:58 am
  #8  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 13
King_Junior is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian Tax and Company Law courses

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Why don't you think your ACA qualification is enough? It surely has to be better than CPA.

Do you have solid work experience?
Hi Bermudashorts,

Yes, I have nearly 10 years of work experience.

But, do you think it is a must to have knowledge of Australian tax and company law to get a job in aussie?
King_Junior is offline  
Old Jul 1st 2012, 11:18 am
  #9  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Bermudashorts's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 14,284
Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Tax and Company Law courses

Originally Posted by King_Junior

But, do you think it is a must to have knowledge of Australian tax and company law to get a job in aussie?
No of course not, how many accountants deal with tax and law.
Bermudashorts is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.