Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

(Australia) Skills Assesment for part-qualified ACCA?

(Australia) Skills Assesment for part-qualified ACCA?

Old Jun 18th 2006, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

on3ill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default (Australia) Skills Assesment for part-qualified ACCA?

My other half has just sat her ACCA final 3 exams and is worried (well, pretty certain) that she will have to resit one of them in December.

Has anyone taken the step or heard of anyone else applying for a (Australian) 136 visa and doing a skills assessment while only part qualified (with 7 yrs experience, 5 in practice) or without having passed all of the ACCA exams?

Or are we going to have to wait until she passes the resit (adding another 8 months before we can apply)?

Any advice would be appreciated. We want to start the ball rolling so if they'll appraise her achievements favourably 'as is' then we don't have to wait around.

Thanks.

Last edited by on3ill; Jun 18th 2006 at 8:11 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: (Australia) Skills Assesment for part-qualified ACCA?

Originally Posted by on3ill
My other half has just sat her ACCA final 3 exams and is worried (well, pretty certain) that she will have to resit one of them in December.

Has anyone taken the step or heard of anyone else applying for a (Australian) 136 visa and doing a skills assessment while only part qualified (with 7 yrs experience, 5 in practice) or without having passed all of the ACCA exams?

Or are we going to have to wait until she passes the resit (adding another 8 months before we can apply)?

Any advice would be appreciated. We want to start the ball rolling so if they'll appraise her achievements favourably 'as is' then we don't have to wait around.

Thanks.
Hi, I think she will have to be fully qualified, they are very strict. My OH is ACCA qualified and had 14 years experience, in senior management and asst directorship level in the NHS. They told us no point in applying as you lose your fee for TRA until he had that final qualification. I know this isn't the news you need but at least your not wasting your money. My OH got his TRA assessed through NIA, so maybe you could ring one of the other governing bodies and they could be different.
Good luck to you both.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:35 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hedgehog
Hi, I think she will have to be fully qualified, they are very strict. My OH is ACCA qualified and had 14 years experience, in senior management and asst directorship level in the NHS. They told us no point in applying as you lose your fee for TRA until he had that final qualification. I know this isn't the news you need but at least your not wasting your money. My OH got his TRA assessed through NIA, so maybe you could ring one of the other governing bodies and they could be different.
Good luck to you both.
Why are you mentioning TRA, this is for tradesmen and has nothing to do with accountants?

As for the question, part-qualified ACCA won't count, however if you have the ACCA/Oxford Brookes BSc degree you may be able to use that instead, especially for ICAA or NIA.

Same goes if you have another degree in accountancy. And if applying sponsored, a non-related degree may allow you to get a Vetassess assessment in a 50 point occupation.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JAJ
Why are you mentioning TRA, this is for tradesmen and has nothing to do with accountants?

As for the question, part-qualified ACCA won't count, however if you have the ACCA/Oxford Brookes BSc degree you may be able to use that instead, especially for ICAA or NIA.

Same goes if you have another degree in accountancy. And if applying sponsored, a non-related degree may allow you to get a Vetassess assessment in a 50 point occupation.
My OH sent his ACCA qualification to NIA, I just assumed this was his TRA. He was awarded the maximum points for being an accountant on the in demand list. That is why I mentioned this.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 1:39 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hedgehog
My OH sent his ACCA qualification to NIA, I just assumed this was his TRA. He was awarded the maximum points for being an accountant on the in demand list. That is why I mentioned this.
The acronym you should use is PASA : Pre Application Skill Assessment.

It is very easy to be misled by well-meaning advice on forums, a lot of people are tradesmen and talk about "TRA" without realising it has absolutely nothing to do with professional or managerial occupations.