Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Accounting and Finance people leaving to Aus

Accounting and Finance people leaving to Aus

Old Jul 24th 2010, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accounting and Finance people leaving to Aus

Originally Posted by laven
I never looked for a job in Australia and I never worked as an accountant I do not have any experience or skills in this industry. Just few things: accountants in WA are very well padi in comparison with other states according to HAYS salary guides, accountants have prospects Very Good on sites like Job Outlook, and people I talked to didnt have problems with finding employment. And plus resource boom in WA. Doesnt sound too shabby to me.

*sigh* I have no idea what prospects for accountants are like in WA as I have never looked, but it is a well paid profession in most places. But you are not an accountant and a course in finance doesn't make you an accountant.

Anyway let us know how your jub hunt goes.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

laven is an unknown quantity at this point

*sigh* Can this conversation BE more pointless??...Im not planning to be an accountant and get degrees in that industry anymore which I thought I quite clearly did say like week ago in this thread. Accounting jobs are easier to get IN COMPARISON with jobs in Supply Chain or Procurement, goodness.. Nobody was saying that employers queue near the Curtain Business School from early mornings.

You may not believe and may not be interested in the statistical data but all that does say accountants have rosy enough prospects. Thats all. I dont know what level of professionals you talk about what I just said people with local degrees I talked to didnt have many difficulties. And how many years of your 15 year professional experience have you spent in Perth??

Last edited by laven; Jul 24th 2010 at 3:41 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

*sigh* Can this conversation BE more pointless??...Im not planning to be an accountant and get degrees in that industry anymore which I thought I quite clearly did say like week ago in this thread. Accounting jobs are easier to get IN COMPARISON with jobs in Supply Chain or Procurement, goodness.. Nobody was saying that employers queue near the Curtain Business School from early mornings.

You may not believe and may not be interested in the statistical data but all that does say accountants have rosy enough prospects. Thats all. I dont know what level of professionals you talk about what I just said people with local degrees I talked to didnt have many difficulties. And how many years of your 15 year professional experience have you spent in Perth??
I have met many taxi drivers in Perth with a degree in accounting/finance, others with a Masters in Supply Chain Management (whatever that is) and who would write better English. And some from Russia too.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

one of the two taxi drivers I met here was english.

The last post is particularly stupid and racist too - ok, accountants may find jobs, but Im in denial that russian accountants do. Cannot come up with anything else?
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Anyway I think it wpould be polite to let you people know Im not answering in this thread so you may not bother to reply, up to you anyway.

Just a few thoughts - Bermudashorts, if you dont know muchabout employment situation in WA there is probably not much point arguing about it.

JOE2010, nobody's fault you dont have a car.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway I think it wpould be polite to let you people know Im not answering in this thread so you may not bother to reply, up to you anyway.

Just a few thoughts - Bermudashorts, if you dont know muchabout employment situation in WA there is probably not much point arguing about it.

Umm so you're not an accountant, don't want to be an accountant but yet you come along to the accountants forum to advise us all on job prospects. I actually haven't discussed prospects in WA but even if I had, I can assure you I know far more about the subject than you ever will ... regardless of the location.

Glad to hear you won't be sharing your pearls of wisdom around here anymore though.

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Jul 25th 2010 at 2:51 am.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

I was trying to help you dude, whatever career you choose, that attitude may not help you. Just getting a degree and knowing how to use Excel/Powerpoint never qualifies you for any entitlement to a job, but I reckon you will learn soon. There is never a substitute for experience.

Funny you make that racist remark, I am a black dude who has gone the whole circle of immigration and settling here, and the few Africans I meet who think people are racist here have a similar attitude like yours and still do odd jobs.

On the car bit, pretty petty too but I happen to have a very nice job where my employer pays for my transport home, whenever I work late - while my car is parked at home.

I wish you best of luck.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 11:47 am
Just Joined

nazhat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aseverinsen
If you are leaving to head to Australia and are nervous about finding work. Get in touch with me as I have contacts in Sydney that will be able to get you exposed to opportunities before you leave the country. Also if you let me know what some of your concerns are before leaving, I may be able to help with that too as I have an information pack on moving there (not much but still helpful). Any questions throw them my way.
could you give me leads to jobs in perth.. i should land there in december 2010
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Moving2Sydney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I was wondering whether someone can give me advice about the following:

I will shortly be moving to Sydney as the spouse of a 457 visa holder for 2 years. I am CIMA qualified and have 4-5 years experience working in various Finance roles in the Public Sector in London. I also hold undergraduate and Masters degrees in Management/ Accounting.

- Is there a demand for someone with my qualifications and experience in Sydney? How competitive is the market there? I am open to Permanent and Temporary opportunities there.

- I have the option to move to Sydney between Dec and March. What is the best time to move there, keeping in mind the number of finance jobs available?

I would appreciate any help/ advice whatsoever.

Many thanks

Matt