Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

ACCA looking for a job in Australia from Overseas

ACCA looking for a job in Australia from Overseas

Old Jul 6th 2013, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Husnain_01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACCA looking for a job in Australia from Overseas

I am a newly qualified ACCA member with 3.5 years of experience with Deloitte in Pakistan. I want to ask if there are any chances that I can secure a job from here and then get an employer sponsored visa (subclass 457), or is it really necessary to come to Australia first to get a job.

I am looking forward to hearing valuable input from everyone. Thanks to everyone in advance.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 12:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACCA looking for a job in Australia from Overseas

I will assume that transferring with your current company is not an option or you would have said so.

So I would rate your chances of getting a job offer and 457 sponsorship as very slightly above zero. I cannot see why any company would need to look overseas and offer sponsorship.

And that was even before the new roles on 457 visas, now companies are going to have to prove they could not recruit locally and I would say that this would be extremely difficult in this profession as there is an over supply of accountants.

If you want to move to Australia then I would recommend skilled migration.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:13 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly above zero????

I would say zero chance to get an offer and/or a 457 visa, under the current environment. Skilled migration may be a more realistic option though.

Last edited by commonwealth; Jul 21st 2013 at 9:27 am.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Slightly above zero????

I would say zero chance to get an offer and/or a 457 visa, under the current environment. Skilled migration may be a more realistic option though.
When I say slightly, I mean slightly.

But it isn't impossible, so I never say never...
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 2:45 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

The best way is to try contacting Deloitte AU and see if they'd consider secondees initially. Dont know the applicanle visa though.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 4:26 am
Just Joined

umer.nizam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I have a similar kind of question you guys have been answering. I am an ACCA affiliate and I also have OBU degree. Currently I am working as an Accounts Assistant in UK for last 14 months. Its been a year that I am on PSW visa in UK and it is going to expire next year and I would have to leave UK, therefore I am exploring my options and I want to move to the country where I can have a secure future or should I say 'where i will be able to get a citizenship' and Australia is one of them. I know I can not apply for PR atm due to the lack of experience so one of my friends (who lives in Australia) suggested me that I should get myself enrolled in Kaplan's Masters program (which is comparatively less expensive) and go to Australia on students visa, the Masters program would take 2 years to complete and then I can apply for the post study work visa in which I will be able to work full time and after that i will be able to get indefinite visa.

Now my questions are: What do you guys think about it, Is it worth spending 2 years of my life on a student visa as I am already 25 years old ? and also If i take this route, initially on student visa, I will be able to work 20 hours a week;Would it be possible to get a part-time job related to accountancy?

Any guidance would be highly appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks
Old Dec 12th 2013, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

sajid hussain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, can any one help me? I am (U.K) ACCA registered student. i passed my 5 papers in PAKISTAN, and now look forward for further papers in NEW ZEALAND, can anyone tell me which institutions in NEW ZEALAND are offering (U.K) ACCA to international students?

From,
sajid hussain