ACCA jobs in Gibraltar

Old Aug 30th 2012, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

topoftherock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACCA jobs in Gibraltar

Hi guys, I'm currently a student and partly qualified member of the ACCA , here in the U.K and looking to re-locate to Gib very soon. Was wondering if anyone could clear up the confusion I have with regards to the Professional papers and working there.
1) If I pass all 5 professional exams in the U.K and then moved to Gib ( I have already passed the 9 Fundamental papers), would I still be expected to sit the Gibraltar tax and law papers as well because they are different to the U.K?
2) Would I be more employable in Gib , if I came over (passing all my exams) as opposed to coming over fresh out of university (which would be now)
Many thanks.
Old Aug 17th 2013, 11:46 am
Just Joined

ClaireGib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACCA jobs in Gibraltar

Hi
I'm from Gib and just finishing the ACCA myself. There is no ACCA Gib tax paper we sit the UK one which doesn't really help that much over here but its the only option, same goes for F4 though I did sit the INT version but that was just personal preference.
Regarding job hunting being part qualified won't hurt your chances of getting a job as there are adverts for PQ and Q, its just different salary expectations. A lot of places will pay for you to finish too, most the big firms are out here but its the usual story that they'll pay you less as they are funding the training.

Get in touch with SRG recruitment www.srgeurope.com and http://recruitgibraltar.com/.

Good luck Any other questions I'm here to help