ACCA to ICAEW to ICAA

Old Mar 26th 2010, 2:31 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACCA to ICAEW to ICAA

Originally Posted by Adeelkhan
Hi Jaj,

Thanks for your replies.

I wanted to ask that if any person done training which is accepted by ICAEW then when that person will claim MRA between ICAEW and ICAA then that training will be accepted by ICAA or ICAA will only accept that training which is done under ICAEW training contract.
Once again, the requirements for ICAA membership are explained on the ICAA website. Read, etc.
http://www.charteredaccountants.com.au/A117137154
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Adeelkhan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jaj,

ICAA have confirmed that it is not necessary that the training should be done under an accountancy body with which ICAA have reciprocal agreement to claim MRA between ICAEW and ICAA.

I have another question, can you guide about it please:

The persons who gained ICAEW membership through pathways to membership, are they able to claim MRA between ICAEW and ICAA?

Last edited by Adeelkhan; Apr 19th 2010 at 10:41 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 1:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

The persons who gained ICAEW membership through pathways to membership, are they able to claim MRA between ICAEW and ICAA?
It's ICAA's decision, but if the ICAEW member entry route bypasses the final level ICAEW exams, I doubt it.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jaj,

Under Pathways to Membership route one have to write and pass the examination of experience which is equivalent to ACA Advanced Stage Case Study. Under this route only this thesis is passed which can done in your own time that is it is not under exam conditions.

ICAEW is also awarding substantial exemptions to some accounting bodies like ICA-Pakistan's members are exempted up to the Professional Stage and they have to pass Advanced Stage.

ICA-India's members have to pass only the ACA Advanced Stage Case Study. Some are awarded more exemptions some are less.

How many no. of exemptions will be OK to claim MRAs held by ICAEW?
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jaj,

Under Pathways to Membership route one have to write and pass the examination of experience which is equivalent to ACA Advanced Stage Case Study. Under this route only this thesis is passed which can done in your own time that is it is not under exam conditions.

ICAEW is also awarding substantial exemptions to some accounting bodies like ICA-Pakistan's members are exempted up to the Professional Stage and they have to pass Advanced Stage.

ICA-India's members have to pass only the ACA Advanced Stage Case Study. Some are awarded more exemptions some are less.

How many no. of exemptions will be OK to claim MRAs held by ICAEW?
If you get ICAEW membership via the pathways scheme, you will definitely not be able to benefit from MRA with ICAA.

Apologies if that is not what you were asking, I did not fully understand your last sentence so I just guessed.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

Hello,

Each accounting body consider that how many no. of exemptions are claimed when awarding membership on the basis of MRA held with other accounting body.

ICAEW is awarding different no. of exemptions to different accounting bodies so i think each one will be entitled differently when claiming MRAs held by ICAEW.

I am unsure but i think who pass all 3 papers of the ICAEW Advanced Stage Case Study is considered as normal and is able to claim MRAs held by ICAEW.

ICAA state that if i gain exemption and complete SOME COMPONENT but they don't state exactly what that some component is. Is that Advanced Stage? How many papers' exemption they consider as normal?

Last edited by Adeelkhan; Apr 23rd 2010 at 2:22 am.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 1:02 am
JAJ
Retired

I am unsure but i think who pass all 3 papers of the ICAEW Advanced Stage Case Study is considered as normal and is able to claim MRAs held by ICAEW.

ICAA state that if i gain exemption and complete SOME COMPONENT but they don't state exactly what that some component is. Is that Advanced Stage? How many papers' exemption they consider as normal?
It's unclear how you expect answers to increasingly complex questions to be answered by an online forum. Realistically - if you want to become ICAEW, then go ahead and you will have to take your chances with ICAA later on. Otherwise do the ICAA CA Program directly.