ACCA to ICAEW to ICAA

Old Dec 6th 2009, 3:23 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACCA to ICAEW to ICAA

Originally Posted by Adeelkhan
Hello Jaj,

If i go overseas with membership of ICAEW. Will it be valued equally and identically by employers as compared to local qualification? I mean how far it will help me if i go overseas like Canada/Australia/New Zealand/US?
It may help you a little but most employers want local qualifications, eg Canadian CA, US CPA etc.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Adeelkhan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Guys,

ICAA have confirmed one have to pass each and every paper of ICAEW to gain membership of ICAA.

Therefore those who done a degree then claimed exemption into ACCA/ICAEW are not eliglibe to claim membership of ICAA.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:51 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Guys,

ICAA have confirmed one have to pass each and every paper of ICAEW to gain membership of ICAA.

Therefore those who done a degree then claimed exemption into ACCA/ICAEW are not eliglibe to claim membership of ICAA.
If it was just someone on the front desk telling you that, it is not reliable information. Many ICAEW members have obtained partial exemptions due to their degree.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Jaj,

I just received email from ICAA.

Dear Adeel,

Thank you for your reply.

I can confirm you will need to complete and pass all ICAEW examinations in order to gain membership with ICAA.

You may also want to check with ICAEW in regards to your queries.

Should you require any further assistance, please contact the Institute's Service Centre on 1300 137 322 Monday to Friday 8:30am - 6:00pm AEST/AEDT excluding national public holidays. Alternatively you can email [email protected] or fax +61 2 9262 4841.

Kind Regards

Gavin Fahey

Service Advisor

The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia

Address: 33 Erskine Street Sydney NSW 2000

Phone: 1300 137322
Fax: 61 2 9262 4841
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.charteredaccountants.com.au

Chartered Accountants
NUMBER 1 IN NUMBERS

Where business leadership lives: www.business-leader.tv

P Please consider the environment before printing this email.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, 5 December 2009 2:17 PM
To: Chartered Accountants Service Centre
Subject: RE: Mutual Recognition with ICAEW

Dear Gavin Fahey,

Those who are having Master's/Bachelor degree, they normally claim exemption into ICAEW exams then pass further exams and meet the training requirement and after that gain membership of ICAEW.

Then those in this criteria how you treat them and i think it's very normal.

Looking Forward,
Adeel
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:58 pm
JAJ
Retired

Sigh. Never ask a question unless you already know the answer (clearly that was not the case).

The ICAA Members Handbook says:

209.4 An applicant shall have been admitted to the overseas accounting body by the usual education and professional examination requirements, not by special recognition or any other mutual recognition agreement.

Not the same thing, is it?
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Jaj,

It's not mandatory to do ICAEW after a degree (unusual!) and i think the exemptions given to degree holders is a special recognition (of a degree).

I may be wrong, sorry about that, but i asked specifically and i think the representative know what he writing?
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:13 pm
JAJ
Retired

Hello Jaj,

It's not mandatory to do ICAEW after a degree (unusual!) and i think the exemptions given to degree holders is a special recognition (of a degree).

I may be wrong, sorry about that, but i asked specifically and i think the representative know what he writing?
Most people do ICAEW after a degree. As do most ICAA candidates.

You are entitled to your opinion as to whether representative knew what he was writing about. Once again, never ask question without already knowing the answer.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Jaj,

Surprise! Surprise!.

If in a jungle donkey can eat a certain thing then why lion can't eat it?

If degree holders are allowed to claim ICAA membership why not ACCA then?

If degree holders are allowed then i shall contact solicitor and i shall take it further.

That's why rules are made.

If degree holders are allowed or any other even then why not me?

I will email ICAEW and then we will corroborate information. Let see!
Old Dec 7th 2009, 12:10 am
JAJ
Retired

If degree holders are allowed to claim ICAA membership why not ACCA then?

If degree holders are allowed then i shall contact solicitor and i shall take it further.

That's why rules are made.

If degree holders are allowed or any other even then why not me?

I will email ICAEW and then we will corroborate information. Let see!
Unclear why you think that you will get any better information from ICAEW and why should they know the detail of ICAA policies.

You of course may choose to accept what you have been told by ICAA as definitive (many people would not) or challenge it further.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Jaj,

I was busy. ICAA senior representative have confirmed to me finally that if i get exemptions into ICAEW on the basis of ACCA studies and then become member of ICAEW after passing further papers of ICAEW, meeting experience requirements then i can claim reciprocal agreement between ICAEW and ICAA.

Otherwise, reciprocal agreement cannot be claimed if i gain ICAEW membership straightaway on the basis of reciprocal agreement of ICAEW with other accounting body. A clear example is pathways to membership.

This is full and final explanation.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 11:24 am
Just Joined

James.au is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/cps/rde/xbcr/cpa-site/

ACCA-CGA-CPAA_JointReport_201009.pdf
Old Mar 20th 2010, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi James, What's that? I am unable to open this page?
Old Mar 21st 2010, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Jaj,

1. I have a question in my mind that if someone do training which satisfy ICAEW training requirement. Will that training be accepted by ICAA for the purpose of MRA held between ICAEW and ICAA?

Like ICAEW is accepting training done under ICAP(CA-PAK) training contract.
Will that training be accepted by ICAA or they have to complete training under CA-AUS again?

2. How accountancy body like ICAA know that the membership gained is through MRA with other accountancy body? Like is there any logo on the membership certificate of both accountancy bodies? or the accountancy bodies communicate with each other to confirm it?
Old Mar 21st 2010, 11:17 pm
JAJ
Retired

Hello Jaj,

1. I have a question in my mind that if someone do training which satisfy ICAEW training requirement. Will that training be accepted by ICAA for the purpose of MRA held between ICAEW and ICAA?

Like ICAEW is accepting training done under ICAP(CA-PAK) training contract.
Will that training be accepted by ICAA or they have to complete training under CA-AUS again?

2. How accountancy body like ICAA know that the membership gained is through MRA with other accountancy body? Like is there any logo on the membership certificate of both accountancy bodies? or the accountancy bodies communicate with each other to confirm it?
1. Check to see if ICAA has any specific training requirements.

2. They do communicate with each other! ICAA probably will want a document from ICAEW confirming you did not get membership by another MRA.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jaj,

Thanks for your replies.

I wanted to ask that if any person done training which is accepted by ICAEW then when that person will claim MRA between ICAEW and ICAA then that training will be accepted by ICAA or ICAA will only accept that training which is done under ICAEW training contract.

Example: ICAEW and CA-PAK have a MOU on the basis of which training done under ICAP training contract is accepted by ICAEW. Member of CA-PAK have to pass only Advanced Stage of ICAEW to become member of ICAEW. Actually members of ICAP here are confused and some suggest that their training done under ICAP training contract will be accepted by ICAEW but will not be accepted by ICAA and they have to complete further 2 years training under member of CA-AUS?

Some are also confused that they cannot claim MRA between ICAEW and ICAA when they join ICAEW after ICAP.

Actually the front desk staff at ICAA don't write clearly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.