ACCA to ICAA

Old Jun 25th 2007, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

silentgear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACCA to ICAA

I was reading through some threads until i found this one and got a bit confused :

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449772

If Pre-qualification experience didn't count for immigration purpose, then i won't be able to apply after completing my ACCA as i would have gained my work experience while attempting my ACCA papers and Not after completing ACCA. Same would be the case with Oksana, i reckon.

Any insights?
Old Jun 25th 2007, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

silentgear is an unknown quantity at this point

I was reading through some threads until i found this one and got a bit confused :

http:// britishexpats . com/forum/showthread.php?t=449772

If Pre-qualification experience didn't count for immigration purpose, then i won't be able to apply after completing my ACCA as i would have gained my work experience while attempting my ACCA papers and Not after completing ACCA. Same would be the case with Oksana, i reckon.

Any insights?
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

oksana21 is an unknown quantity at this point

acbh2: "I can only give you our very recent experience in this field but its by no means meant to be professional advice.

He used his experience as part qualified to help fill the 3 years requirement so this is possible as long as you detail all your duties and have a valid reference from your boss. "

Originally Posted by JAJ
Pre-qualification experience may not count. Depends on how long you have been working, the skill/pay level, and whether you have got a university degree?

Hiya!

No need to be confused, you just have to accept that there is uncertainty in this area... as already said, it is a very subjective topic to which there isn't a "yes/no answer"

JAJ is very experienced in this field and is absolutely right in pointing out that pre-qualified experience may not be enough.. i.e. it may be, but it may not be....

From the path you quoted, acbh2 said that from personal experience. her husband applied and got the visa based on pre-qualified experience... this does not mean that it will apply to everyone, but shows that it is possible.

Last edited by oksana21; Jun 25th 2007 at 9:57 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

oksana21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by silentgear
I know a bachelors degree is important, but i'll think about it once i have done my ACCA. For now, i'll be happy with the Oxford Brooks degree.
The Oxford brookes degree is a bachelors degree... make sure you register with it on time.. i missed the deadline and was kicking myself!!!